Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: something about 1.11  (Read 3123 times)

Offline ThGermanElite

• Guard
  • We shall bring Russia to its knees Fur Deutschland
    • View Profile
something about 1.11
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:23:24 PM »
Ok....heres a few things I found a little....odd

Vet system for conscripts is relatively a little too fast....50 muni and 15 fuel (correct me if Im wrong).....early game Germans dont have an answer to it...PPSH wrecks havoc close range and the Bolt action rifle performs well long range, also they are un-suppressable (with abilities)......if you wouldnt mind just tweeking them a bit, when they vet. Just make the Vet cost more, or after veterancy make the conscripts themselves cost more....1v1 they can beat a Vet 3 Wehr grenadier squad.....its just a little imbalanced

The OP...yeah, I saw it in another post...he got the point across.
-Builds too fast
-250 MP??? Pretty dang cheap
-Garrisonable
-Reinforcement point
-Costs less than the PE Field HQ, and does way more

Command squad-They are literally the hardest infantry to deal with....massive health...critical hits are common...and early game they are nearly invincible. I just finished a game where my ally killed 2 volks squads, 2 MG squads and a pioneer squad before reaching 50% health... :/ for a beginning unit thats a bit imbalanced, and the opposing players were not happy with that.

(forgive me if my grammar is messed up, Im tired :/   )
"Know God, No Fear. No God, Know Fear"
-Favorite Faction: Panzer Elite
-Favorite Unit (all-time): Tiger/Grenadiers
-Favorite Strategy: Quality over Quantity
-Favorite Doctrine: Scorched Earth
-Favorite Soviet Unit: UpGunned T-34

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: something about 1.11
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »
Well what can I say?
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Pauly3

• Commissar
  • I have studied your art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 01:05:47 PM »
well true man (ich stimme voll zu)
command squad butchers everything in its path....
"But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Offline wordsmith

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:12:12 PM »
As I remember in one of the discussions Paciat suggested a Fuel cost for Soviet Command squad. I think it is a good idea, on begin there has to be more options what to start with, what to build and Commander should be one of the more options. Then of course other Soviet units would have to be reconsidered/rebalanced because now all the early Soviet strat is based on Commander. I guess rebalancing would be necessary also from reason of added retreating so we could expect another huge impact on strategies...

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »
problem isn't the conscript upgrade cost...its the fact that they have the wrong rifle in this patch making them too powerful. They're supposed to be a good match for rifle Volks...and if you research that then you delay soviet teching...much like going extensive tier1.

By the time PPSH hit the field you should have access to vet2 grens etc which are an equal match, especially with an LMG.

With retreat we'll be implementing a more gradual increase in combat ability for the infantry to match WH/PE a bit better
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
I don't see any problem with the command squad or conscripts. There is just no way that any kind of conscripts beat vet 3 grens. You clearly got very un/lucky to have them win or are exaggerating.

The outpost I somewhat agree on, even though it is an essential part of Soviet 1v1 strategy. As suggested in another thread, maybe a build time increase and possibly a slight cost increase.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Sonders

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »
Your just joking right? You got to be joking. I’ve played with conscripts some. They are ridiculously weak and suppressible , even with their upgrade. That flame nade they throw seems to always miss the target. And your saying they can beat a vet3 gren squad? Post a replay of that one or take it back. They cant even beat a vet0 volks unless there standing still in green cover against moving volks and its still ify and requires upgrade or they will loose that one too. Are you playing human players or the AI?

As far as the out post goes, I could live with a longer build time. The thing takes damage from small arms fire and is easily destroyed with anything heaver. Flames take it down very fast.

The way it is now the command squad is the only thing the Soviets have in the way of AI early in the game. Strelkys and guards are not that easy to get now. A small fuel cost would be in agreeable.

Has anyone tried pio spamming the Soviets yet? Against a decent human player? I was just wondering what a couple of vet1 flamers would do to the command squad.

Offline ThGermanElite

• Guard
  • We shall bring Russia to its knees Fur Deutschland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 06:53:25 PM »
Your just joking right? You got to be joking. I’ve played with conscripts some. They are ridiculously weak and suppressible , even with their upgrade. That flame nade they throw seems to always miss the target. And your saying they can beat a vet3 gren squad? Post a replay of that one or take it back. They cant even beat a vet0 volks unless there standing still in green cover against moving volks and its still ify and requires upgrade or they will loose that one too. Are you playing human players or the AI?

Lol, Im talking about vetted conscripts, settle down hero. Non-vet conscripts are easily taken down, I know, and next to the fact that I said they arent suppressable I put (abilities)...so you may need to read it again b4 you start trying to start a flame war.

Not everyone saves every single game after they are done playing it, but Ill post my teammate's name I was playing with.

problem isn't the conscript upgrade cost...its the fact that they have the wrong rifle in this patch making them too powerful. They're supposed to be a good match for rifle Volks...and if you research that then you delay soviet teching...much like going extensive tier1.

By the time PPSH hit the field you should have access to vet2 grens etc which are an equal match, especially with an LMG.

With retreat we'll be implementing a more gradual increase in combat ability for the infantry to match WH/PE a bit better

Oh, nononononono, I was talking about the PPSH for the vetted Conscripts.....that hits the field wayyyyy before Grenadiers, on standard res, and about the same time on High Res.
"Know God, No Fear. No God, Know Fear"
-Favorite Faction: Panzer Elite
-Favorite Unit (all-time): Tiger/Grenadiers
-Favorite Strategy: Quality over Quantity
-Favorite Doctrine: Scorched Earth
-Favorite Soviet Unit: UpGunned T-34

Offline Sonders

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
Slow down and read your hero's post again. i was talking about conscripts with upgrade which is the same as vetted conscripts right?

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »
Ok, just to be clear...its the NKVDs that have the wrong rifle at the moment not the regular conscripts.

I was talking about the PPSH for the vetted Conscripts.....that hits the field wayyyyy before Grenadiers
There is no ppsh-41 added to conscripts (only strelky have ppsh41), so I've no clue what you're on about
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Red_Stinger

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »
Ok, just to be clear...its the NKVDs that have the wrong rifle at the moment not the regular conscripts.

I was talking about the PPSH for the vetted Conscripts.....that hits the field wayyyyy before Grenadiers
There is no ppsh-41 added to conscripts (only strelky have ppsh41), so I've no clue what you're on about

I think he's speaking about the commissar PPSH-41, but there is one commissar in a vetted conscript squad... I don't understand why he is complaining about a single ppsh...
"Du sublime au ridicule, il n'y a qu'un pas"
-Napoléon Bonaparte

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 07:13:51 AM »

He's talking about the single commissar PPSH, which obviously doesn't do that much for firepower. What is the stat difference we will see after the NKVD rifle change? I assume you made them accidentally do 15dmg or so and it should be 10?

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
What is the stat difference we will see after the NKVD rifle change? I assume you made them accidentally do 15dmg or so and it should be 10?
As I remember NKVD constript rifle should do 7 dmg. Now its probably 10 dmg. Accuracy is lower than in any other rifle and much lower than Gren k98.

Anyway I think that the whole point of getting NKVD upgrade to constripts is to make them usefull when fighting.
When NKVD is in heavy cover and grens are running in the open NKVD skould win.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »
NKVD is a great upgrade, definitely improving the combat power of the squad. I use it frequently myself, WHICH YOU CAN READ ABOUT IN MY STRATEGY GUIDE !!!11!one. Regardless, they don't beat vet 3 grens, even in cover. Elite armour, regeneration and 30% extra health is pretty darn substantial, the armour most of all.

Those numbers sound about right. A gren rifle has good accuracy and does 15 damage. So 8 rifles doing about 7dmg each with bad accuracy and low health per man is appropriate for the lower end spam squad.

Something I've been wondering about is the PPS upgrade for the command squad. When I use it, I find it to be a bit underwhelming. Can anyone upload the stat data, as I cbf working out corsix?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:59:30 PM by GodlikeDennis »