Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: "Eastern Front Mod is up to date"  (Read 7622 times)

Offline osslot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
"Eastern Front Mod is up to date"
« on: June 07, 2010, 02:25:04 PM »
can any one give a step by step instructino as to how to get around this error.... its impossible to piece the directions together from all the chats!.... plz help i need step by step not another link to a chat forum...

thank you

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: "Eastern Front Mod is up to date"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 06:06:05 PM »
please post a screenshot of the path where you installed Eastern Front.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline osslot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:25:14 AM »
C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Company of Heroes\EF_Updates\Eastern_Front\Eastern_Front.... i dont know if thats what your looking for but as far as path goes? my save of its all fucked up man sooo its just currently uninstalled.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 12:41:33 AM »
C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Company of Heroes\EF_Updates\Eastern_Front\Eastern_Front.... i dont know if thats what your looking for but as far as path goes? my save of its all fucked up man sooo its just currently uninstalled.

You must install Eastern Front on CoH folder not in any self-created folder. So when installing EF you shall put C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Company of Heroes\ as path, and before playing check in the launcher Settings that path is in the CoH Directory option.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline osslot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: \"Eastern Front Mod is up to date\"
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 02:30:26 AM »
now im gettin this error when i try to do the set up path as u said

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 02:31:34 AM
lol i wish there was a program where u could jsut piggy back my system and do this for my ass im so confused.... i m not completly in the dark... im not bad a comps but not that comp literate

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 02:59:21 AM »
Do you have installed CoH? EF isn't stand-alone you know, is just an add-on to CoH. This is how should looks like your path.
Mors Indecepta

Offline osslot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 11:13:40 AM »
yea i have all the cohs but the thing is if u you look in my last post it wont let me save the files of this game into my main COH file :P i go to save the file at the begining in the MAIN coh file but thats when i get the error

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 01:19:33 PM
yea bro im not gettin any compliance from my comp or this shit :P lol is there a thing i can dl and have u be able to control my comp over the web?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:19:33 PM by osslot »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 01:42:59 AM »
yea i have all the cohs but the thing is if u you look in my last post it wont let me save the files of this game into my main COH file :P i go to save the file at the begining in the MAIN coh file but thats when i get the error

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 09:19:33 AM
yea bro im not gettin any compliance from my comp or this shit :P lol is there a thing i can dl and have u be able to control my comp over the web?

Well if i were you, i'd save the installer in other path. And before installing, do right click on "Company of Heroes" folder, go to security tab and click on advanced options, on Owner, check what user owns the permissions; if you have problems like cannot delete something or cannot save something is because of that.

In the Owner tab, click on edit, then choose your user from the list, and check the option "Replace owner on..." and save :P. I don't have an OS in english but in spanish, I tried to make an illustration of how to do it, I hope that works.

EDIT: Remember to install and update CoH before install, update and play EF.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:44:57 AM by blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta