Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: ostheer medium tanks  (Read 80665 times)

Offline Griptonix

• Guard
  • Vorwarts nach Osten!
    • View Profile
Re: ostheer medium tanks
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2010, 12:08:26 AM »
Perhaps the Panzer II and Panzer III and then an upgrade into the assault guns and such that their chassis were used for later in the war?
I like the idea of having them in the game, but I can agree with both sides of the argument of having them or excluding them.
"This Goddam forum smells like Volksgrenadiers!"
1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS A. H.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Victory with the germans is much sweeter !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2010, 01:04:54 AM »
I agree that there should be diversity in the ostheer. Therefore I think that the incorporation of pzk IIs and pzk IIIs is neccessarry in keeping to the truest nature of Eastern Fronts. I also believe that the availalability of the  jadgpanzer as an off map call in for one of the doctrins or make it buildable. I agree with many other of my fellow forum members that the ostheer shoud match in armor what the russians have as far as armor diversity as well as upgradeable versions much like what was seen on the battle fields of the Eastern Front. The Gemans made many different variants of the pzk IIs pzk IIs and pzk IVs. The game should allow these tanks to be built and upgraded with things like recovery vehicle, or up-gun them, or medic-ammo vehicles. Historicaly the Panther was seen during the second half of the Germans offensive on Russia, so it should be a late-game tank. I also STRONGLY believe that early versions of the Tiger should be built in the factories just as the Russians can build IS-2 tanks(its only fair guys).Building Tigers is what every german playing fan has dreamed of! In closing, I agree with the majority of forum members in saying that all of the successfull "panzerkampfwagen" should be utilized in some part of the game. They could be doctrine or permenantly buildable. (I am for diversity...it equals more fun)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:48:36 AM by vonhaggon »
" When will those stupid russians learn to run FROM the machine gun! hahahahaha,, oh crap!! How the hell did they get a tank so fast!!! "

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2010, 03:28:41 AM »
Please dont do a recoverer, remeber what happend with the soveits?

Theres already a german recoverer, that should be pe's thing.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2010, 07:54:11 AM »
Please dont do a recoverer, remeber what happend with the soveits?

Theres already a german recoverer, that should be pe's thing.
+1
It was great when mechanics could recover a wreck, they just done it too quickly.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »
  The russian tank hall allows for 5 very usefull armord tanks to be produced, from light support to heavy. I think the ostheer should have a similar set up in thier tank factory. With the ability to upgrade the factory. Then Panzer II,III,IIII,and tigers can be produced in a very similar fasion but for a little more of the cost of course to negate the fact that panzers can be upgraded with armored skirts.
" When will those stupid russians learn to run FROM the machine gun! hahahahaha,, oh crap!! How the hell did they get a tank so fast!!! "

Offline Saavedra

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »
How about having a couple of light tanks that could be upgraded with light AT weapons, and then getting heavy tanks for a slightly cheaper cost than normal Wehr, but after some expensive upgrades?

That way, Ostheer would have to rely on light AT and halftrack-mounted infantry at first, then go for heavy tanks like Panthers and Tigers later on. Think a mix of PE and Wehr, using open-topped HTs and Pumas.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2010, 01:48:20 AM »
How about having a couple of light tanks that could be upgraded with light AT weapons, and then getting heavy tanks for a slightly cheaper cost than normal Wehr, but after some expensive upgrades?
Wehrmacht is allready very cheap (OP) in late game becouse of their upgrades (vet).
I think that Ostheer tanks should be early, undergunned at first (PzII, PzIII, Stubby StugIIIe) but expensive in late game so that the Ostheer late game wont look like a Soviet T-34/IS-2 tide and that Tigers wont be spammed.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »
 I think that a mix is what is needed. Make it tough for ostheer early, and then a strong late game through the use of tigers and inf.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 11:19:06 PM »
I think that a mix is what is needed. Make it tough for ostheer early, and then a strong late game through the use of tigers and inf.
As Ive said before thats wehrmacht youre talking about.
Ostheer should be strong (and expensive) in early game to stop US and Soviet overcapping.
Late game should be hard to them unless they gain vet (unit preservation) or outcap the oponent.
Only 1 on the field Tiger I should be available and the main late game Ostheer Panther-like "tank" should be JagdpanzerIV. Panther turret bunkers should be available to build to counter Soviet mass armor attacks. All Ostheer infantry exept foreign units should be expensive to reinforce.

No late game (1944) battle should be a piece of cake or the Ostheer.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2010, 04:06:39 AM »
 Well, the panzerIV is certainly my choice for a medium tank. I feel that in keeping with history the panzerIV was germany's most vastly used and produced tank. The idea i had was to use the jagdpanzerIV(not Hetzer version) and panzerIV as an interum armor tanks in mid game. Then as for late game, be able to produce panthers and Tigers in factory for high cost. 

Offline Werwolf

• Guard
  • "Vorwärts, Sturmsoldaten! Für Das Vaterland!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2010, 08:00:32 AM »
I'd go for the Jagdpanzer IV/48 as well. The OH needs a cheap, dedicated tank destroyer which would be markedly different from the StuG series in armor protection and performance. Also, the Wespe would be ideal as self-propelled doctrine artillery IMO. Same goes with the Nashorn or Elefant as doctrine call-ins. However, heavy panzers such as the Panther and Tiger I should be retained for obvious symbolic and practical reasons.  ;)

While I've come to the conclusion that the OH needs to be differentiated from the WH and PE (hence, upgradeable Pz. IIIs or Beutepanzer equivalents should be used in lieu of Pz. IVs), I've also noticed that the "No-Recrew" bug would discourage the use of crewed units such as HMGs, PaKs and Nebelwerfers/Granatewerfers. Therefore, a possible solution could come in the form of self-propelled units. Some ideas:

1.) Schwere Wermachtschlepper "sWS" mit MG34 - T1. replaces heavy MG team; upgradeable with either 3.7 cm FlaK 43 (AP/AM/AA) or 15 cm Panzerwerfer (rocket artillery/fire-support).

2.) 3.7cm PaK 35/36 auf Krupp Protze - T1-T2. Light AM/AT.

3.) Schwere Panzerspähwagen (7.5cm PaK 40) Sd.Kfz.234/4 (8-Rad) - T2-T3. Heavy AM/AT.

4.) PzKpfw. II Ausf. L "Luchs" - T2. Recon/AP/AM.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:01:33 PM by Werwolf »

Wunderwaffen Doctrine: What technology created for us, we drive it towards the enemy.

Offline LESTANDARTE

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2010, 10:56:02 AM »
The panther is heavy tank, not medium.
For german its medium , for allies its heavy ^^

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
The panther is heavy tank, not medium.
For german its medium , for allies its heavy ^^
Allies won the war so its heavy.

Offline -STC-

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
I prefer stug/assault gun w/heavy tanks (tiger out of factory)

with strong sturdy light vehicles

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2010, 03:03:30 AM »
OP!!
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme