Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Base Buildings  (Read 2558 times)

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
Ostheer Base Buildings
« on: June 27, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
Just a quick plea on base buildings for the Ostheer. Obviously, like the Soviets, you will be reskinning existing buildings for the OH. Please use the wehrmacht buildings and only the smaller of the PE buildings. PE base building can be a pain in the ass on some maps because of their massive building size.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline wordsmith

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Base Buildings
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
That is true and I support GodlikeDennis's idea! Sometimes when I play PE I feel more like in Tetris than in CoH because of the buildings size - one good example: Wrecked train map, especially south is nightmare for PE to fit all 4 buildings.

Offline GamblerSK

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:17:59 PM »
yes sometimes it happends to me that i must delete some building and put it elsewhere so i can gain some space, but its all about a building strategy if you put those buildings wisely then theres no problem :)

Offline TacticalNuke

• Guard
  • The ultimate in Peace-making technology!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 12:29:43 AM »
I would rather focus on the battle, instead of if my tank can negotiate the cramped maze that is my base. GodlikeDennis's idea is probably the most usefull suggestion I have come across recently.
I think, therefore I am...
I learn, therefore I advance...
I destroy, that I may endure.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Victory with the germans is much sweeter !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »
 A few of my friends and i thought it would be a great idea that the ostheer have mobile bases like the brits. Any body else have that idea?
" When will those stupid russians learn to run FROM the machine gun! hahahahaha,, oh crap!! How the hell did they get a tank so fast!!! "

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 09:15:22 PM »
No, that would be copying...
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline GamblerSK

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »
and using static building which are in other factions isnt copying? :)

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
  • A single Tiger was worth ten Sherman. I'm the 11th
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »
But Mobuile HQ is unique to brits. SStatic isn;t. If we want to make it 'Unique', give the OH no main base, but more units.

Offline Toorstain

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 02:51:06 AM »
I posted an idea some time ago where I suggested that the Ostheer should have base trucks in the sense that they don't need units to build their base, but the trucks can only deploy inside your base area.

The idea is that they can use all their units to cap and fight.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Victory with the germans is much sweeter !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 04:18:12 AM »
 I would like to see a mobile base of some type for the ostheer. Many people think that the brits being able to be mobile was a mistake, i do not feel that way however. I am all about diversity! The addition of mobile bases works to put more unpredictable odds into the equation. Ever since COH was created many who played it thought that there were major problems with balance.Even i myself have been guilty of critisizing the game about different things. The fact is that the more types of units that a player can put out, the more diverse the game becomes. There has been countless times that i have blamed anything but myself for a loss. I believe that the ostheer's unit production buildings need to be a little more than just "buildings". Diversity=more fun
" When will those stupid russians learn to run FROM the machine gun! hahahahaha,, oh crap!! How the hell did they get a tank so fast!!! "