Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Soundtrack Composer Application  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Alex Cottrell

• Developer
  • Guard
  • Composer
    • View Profile
    • Official Site
Soundtrack Composer Application
« on: June 10, 2010, 06:32:09 PM »
Name: Alex Cottrell aka icarusfoundyou

Contact info: MSN (and email) - icarusfoundyou@hotmail.co.uk

What can I contribute: I'm a big fan of this mod, but noticed that there was no original soundtrack. I'm a budding composer who has worked with mods before - most notably the German Adash mod for TES4:Oblivion where my music was featured in a CD in a gaming magazine. I believe that I can create an appropriate and inspiring soundtrack that will not fall into most WW2 soundtracks clichéd pitfalls (unless a typical score is what you want!) I think I'm flexible and happy to do whatever is necessary to make the music as effective as possible.

How active you think you can be: As active as you want me to be.

Previous work: As I am only 18, I've not exactly been and done everything (yet), but as I mentioned before, I have worked on several other mods of large games. I have done work for small production TV documentaries and have had a piece considered for an independent film to be shown at Cannes film festival.

Examples of your work: Parts of my soundtrack to Adash can be heard here (a couple of years old now): http://www.adash-web.de/en/audio.php

Here is my myspace which has sample of lots of different types of extracts: www.myspace.com/alexcottrellsound

If necessary, I will provide a demo of 1 or 2 pieces made especially to show off my idea of this mod's soundtrack if you're not convinced  :) Some of the work you will hear is a year old (not been involved in any projects since then thanks to concentrating on college work) and I'd like you to hear me at my best!

Other notes: Hopefully I've put this application in the right place!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:48:19 PM by icarusfoundyou »
www.alex-cottrell.com

If music be the food of love, play on.