Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: For the future patch that balances other factions.  (Read 14292 times)

Offline Oddball29

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: For the future patch that balances other factions.
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2010, 05:28:38 PM »
IMO the M36 should be not a skin replacement for the M10, but a  substitute with increased fuel and manpower costs.

Like 450 mp and 80 fuel so the user could choose between building 3 m10s or 2xm36s.

The only difference should be the main gun. M36 shall get Pershing gun, but no HVAP penetration bonus from the upgrade, so it would remain balanced.

But that is just me...:) I love the mod, i wrote an article about it on my mother language.

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »
Is there any diff in the m10 ans m36 stats in the current patch?
The sound of 17 pounder ap shells tearing down panzers

Is music to my ears!!

Offline Kolaris

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2010, 08:09:01 PM »
As I said in the last post on the previous page, the only difference is that the M36's turret speed is 24, compared to the M10's 60.

So the M36 is actually just a (very slightly) nerfed M10, and the misfire is still present.

I agree with Oddball. If its going to stay around, I don't think it should be a full replacement, but a reward unit. I don't really feel its a big deal that the US would have 3.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
As I said in the last post on the previous page, the only difference is that the M36's turret speed is 24, compared to the M10's 60.

So the M36 is actually just a (very slightly) nerfed M10, and the misfire is still present.

That was an omission, on our part. Turrent will be back to 60 and we're still looking into  the misfire which will be fixed fully soon
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Kolaris

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2010, 09:13:27 PM »
That was an omission, on our part. Turrent will be back to 60 and we're still looking into  the misfire which will be fixed fully soon

You've got an animator to fix it? That would be really, really impressive, but I'd have to ask...if you can fix it on the M36, why not fix the M10? Its the same exact situation and requires the same fix.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2010, 10:04:08 PM »
M36 is a new model, with its own turret animations made by community modders outside EF.  The animation issue is specific to the M10 model, not the M36

At the moment, we simply don't have the resources to spend on doing re-doing the M10.

Offline Kolaris

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2010, 10:28:05 PM »
Its the same problem though. Open-topped Vehicles that have the Gunner reaching to pull the lever before the gun fires.

Relic sort of realized what the problem was, so the Marder/ATHT/G-Wagon/Hellcat all have the gunner_aim and gunner_idle animations keep the gunner's hand as close to the lever as possible to eliminate windup.

You'd have to do something similar, but I guess there's something more than that differentiating between the M36 and M10? The animations look identical to me.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
Have a chat with Dragon93 as he's the one handling the fix cause maybe he's doesn't have the same info as you? Could help clarify and fix this