Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: CoH Online contetnts to EF Mod?  (Read 8560 times)

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
CoH Online contetnts to EF Mod?
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »
Hi,

I played the beta of company of Heroes online, and want to ask the developers, will be any of the content showing up in EF. For example in the terror doctrine there is a few thing (he minimap goes bluretc.) I will list them later. I suggested something similar. :)

Here are the content:
Propaganda- Reduces accuracy and movement speed
Black out- Map blur - Blurs the minimap
Tilted world- tilts the minimap of the enemy player
Audio breakdown- Enemy players' radio sound blocked

Some of the allies Armor piercing starfing run (same the JU87 Stuka Rudel's squad)
Air drop smoke cover- smoke gives cover bonus
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:29:51 PM by TheReaper »

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
Re: CoH Online contetnts to EF Mod?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
COH online is effectively Relic's mod for COH. Its as different as N44/BotB mods are to vCOH. As such the stuff they've implemented there do not fit in with vCOH or EF.
We have our own cool stuff anyways including 2 exclusive factions you'll never see in COH:O ;)
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
We have our own cool stuff anyways including 2 exclusive factions you'll never see in COH:O ;)

Thanks at God!  :D ;D

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 05:06:15 PM »
Who needs CoH:O when you got EF, anyway :D
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »
Who needs CoH:O when you got EF, anyway :D
+1
I have a key for the beta but I don't like it :P.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 08:55:31 AM »

I have a key for the beta, too, and I also don't like it.
 COH is supposed to be a CHESS game.
 When the more you play the more you get powerful units,
 it turns into a bunch of lv 80's ganking and raping lv 1's.
 It ... separates the community... :p

It's essentially COH with a tons of restrictions tacked on,
 and trying very hard to look like world of warcraft... :p cmon.

Why would I want to EXCLUSIVELY play allied-armor
 for ever and ever??...
You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline PanzerWilly

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Fresh meat into the Fray!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 05:10:25 AM »

for ever and ever??...
+1, I agree, the online you have to buy with cash in order to access better upgrades. Even though they say you can't buy a win, with upgrades you can win! Sad truth for a company that beginning to look like another ambitious money making company. I thought they are going to put in new army or even change to a modern warfare, all false news and false hopes! They create the new game for a down to earth reason, money money money and money!  :'(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:13:03 AM by PanzerWilly »

Offline limon553224

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »

for ever and ever??...
+1, I agree, the online you have to buy with cash in order to access better upgrades. Even though they say you can't buy a win, with upgrades you can win! Sad truth for a company that beginning to look like another ambitious money making company. I thought they are going to put in new army or even change to a modern warfare, all false news and false hopes! They create the new game for a down to earth reason, money money money and money!  :'(
yes thats the true sad true of our world .How much money they need to comedown and leave gamers without of this ***** micro buys

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »
Well its either that or Relic will have money problems. And I don't want the second to happen.

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 03:38:27 PM »
In my opinion and experience, Company of  Heroes Online is just an inventive way of getting the CoH or Relic brand name better known before the announcement of Company of Heroes 2 or another major title, and also keeping old customers' interest before the game ends up like ever other nearly famous RTS.

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 09:28:20 PM »
Well they milked CoH, they can't make another expansion, like ToV... They had to put another faction. They want to  make some money from it, that's why the upgrade system is implemented, that you can buy CoHO cash.

In my opinion and experience, Company of  Heroes Online is just an inventive way of getting the CoH or Relic brand name better known before the announcement of Company of Heroes 2 or another major title, and also keeping old customers' interest before the game ends up like ever other nearly famous RTS.

Yeah, it's seems logical, if you have in mind: CoH is a marketing product first, and a game second.

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 09:39:01 PM »
Well, I saw DoWIII was confirmed and its going to have a slight MMO feel to it. Sounds like a bunch of fail, so I have very little hope of seeing CoH2 or at least a CoH2 I can deem sequel worthy.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Victory with the germans is much sweeter !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 11:18:58 PM »
I have a dream...In a distant time and place, where people all get along...Relic not having the big money to develop a new product of thier own, will buy Eastern Front. After they aquire EF they will begin to market it as a functionable expansion and make well over what they paid for it!! Once EF is open to everyone and is fully intergrated into CoH (like it should be) they will pay the staff of EF to develop bonus units, skins and improve the over-all quality of CoH as a whole. I dosnt seem like that impossible of a dream if you love EF and CoH as much as we and the staff of EF all do. MONEY as we all know is an incredible motivator. Perhaps one day the idea of this will come to pass. I personaly would love to see full intagration of EF to CoH and i feel pretty sure from talking to a lot of CoH and EF lovers that that is what the communities would like to see as well. I feel that this would be an awsome opportunity for the incredible staff of EF to gain some legitimate ground. When SKILLED individuals can make MONEY for thier PASSION, we will all benifit. I would have paid at least 40 bucks for full version of EF with Ostheer!! and others would to.
" When will those stupid russians learn to run FROM the machine gun! hahahahaha,, oh crap!! How the hell did they get a tank so fast!!! "

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 12:23:20 AM »
I don't want EF to go to relic, its ours. Knowing relic, it will probably do some crap to it to make it stuiped and charge you 40 dollars to get something we could get for free. EF rocks, and what would happen to the Devs if they bought it? Also we would get all those stuck up idiots in regular COH complaining at no recrew or units to weak and chaos will happen. EF stays here and stays with the Devs, thats my real dream. Screw money.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Victory with the germans is much sweeter !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 01:33:33 AM »
 I love EF too seeme, but the fact remains that i said it was a dream. Dont get scared of progress. My hope was that some day there will be as many players on EF as there is on CoH. I can go to coh anytime and find many, many games being played at any given time. When my bro and i play EF it is always against comp because we can hardly find any game goin on that arent lock or are a comp stomp. The devs have worked real, realy hard on EF and continue to, theres no denying that. All im saying is that they deserve more than this comunity can provide. 
" When will those stupid russians learn to run FROM the machine gun! hahahahaha,, oh crap!! How the hell did they get a tank so fast!!! "