Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: 20 mm Cannons  (Read 2880 times)

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
20 mm Cannons
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:46:06 AM »
Is there a Difference between the 20 mm rapid firing cannons of the Wirblewind , m3 Quad and he DPshk's of the T-90 , Flakverling emplacement?

The wirblewind I have noticed gives "Rear Armor Hits" to Tanks!!! :o

Whereas the others dont , so whats the difference , all of them use the 20 mm AA guns ???

The sound of 17 pounder ap shells tearing down panzers

Is music to my ears!!

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
Re: 20 mm Cannons
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 01:15:21 PM »
well, 20mm canon is 20mm canon, but M3 quad has 0.50 cal ( ~1.25 mm) MG, same T-90.

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »
.50 cal is about 12.7mm, not 1.25
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:34:02 PM »
sorry, I put dot in wrong place   :-X

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 07:19:28 PM »
Pumas and Scout cars can actually damage the front armour of an SU85 consistently ;) Funny, but true...
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 06:13:41 AM »
And yet my Tiger bounced off at some point. I lost to Sandland because an SU-85 killed two Stugs and two Tigers. You might wanna tone down their damage slightly.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 08:04:40 AM »
For Gods sake , GodLikeDennis every unit in the russians is not OP!!

Is music to my ears!!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 09:07:21 AM »
Did I say every unit is overpowered? No. That would be why the majority of my tourney games I opted to play Wehr. However, this unit in particular was a significant part of my loss to Sandland, who ended up in the final. They simply destroy Stugs far too easily and do only slightly too much damage to Tigers.

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
I'm sorry to say this , but what you seem to say is

"I'm so scared of the russians , nerf all of those bastards"

I'm sorry but this what you appear to say..........

The SU-85 is just fine , no issues with it or the  su-100 , try using GWagon against them

Is music to my ears!!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »
I have actually tested the GWagon against them thank you very much, and they lose horribly (as they should against a more expensive ~T4 tank destroyer). I should not be forced into choosing a replacement unit either (we only recently corrected this). My point is that Stugs can't even penetrate them while die in three quick hits themselves. This is perhaps too one sided. Tigers are also damaged considerably and reliably, so I argue that their damage or penetration needs toning down slightly.

I'm sorry to say this , but what you seem to say is

"I'm so scared of the russians , nerf all of those bastards"

I'm sorry but this what you appear to say..........

If you think all my posts say this you should learn to read a bit better mate.

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 06:55:09 PM »
The Su-85 is a specialized role "Tank Destroyer" , with sloping frontal armor , what else do you expect from it

And I don't say this about every post , you are free to suggest anything you want to , off lately you are beginning to sound like that 

note : so are you in for the commonwealth games??

Is music to my ears!!

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 08:09:37 PM »
Did I say every unit is overpowered? No. That would be why the majority of my tourney games I opted to play Wehr. However, this unit in particular was a significant part of my loss to Sandland, who ended up in the final. They simply destroy Stugs far too easily and do only slightly too much damage to Tigers.

To be fair, I watched that replay...like I watched many others for balance and that wasn't exactly the case.

The first stug was at half health and the SU got the 1st shot off and then finished it off gaining vet.
You only got 1 shot at it.

The second stug, once again wasted 3 shots on the infantry and only fired 1 shot at the SU (which was lucky to deflect yes)

The first tiger never targeted it, always shooting at the infantry instead(vet2 SU at the time). Took 6 hits plus AT rifle shots + rockets

The second tiger once again didn't target the now vet3 SU until it had been shot 5 times(plus AT rifles). The tiger shot didn't bounce off, it took it down to almost half health and was finished off by the tankhunters.

Its not all that different to facing fireflies. With 350 points its easy to kill, you just never shot it enough to be honest...plus you never got vet1 for vehicles which would have made all the difference.
Plus...you went Tier1-2-3 but didn't get a single pak??

I don't really believe its OP but as always, we'll be examining the results further
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:15:33 PM by Zerstörer »

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 04:47:57 AM »
Yes, going T1-2-3 was my biggest failing of that match. My normal strat was T1-2-4 with panther first to deal with armour but I though I could get pumas out and dominate the field since he was support barracks at the time. I said the Su was a contributing factor, not the main reason.

To be fair as well, the Su also got extremely lucky in avoiding my stormtroopers. The shrek dance is such a pain. With it's low health I could've killed it very quickly had they hit. The thing is, it's similar in combat ability to a firefly (with less health and slightly better armour) yet costs a fair bit less to get.

Out of curiosity, what is their armour type? Stug? Hetzer? I still think they do slightly too much damage as well.

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 05:48:18 AM »
Russian   "PANZER JAGER"

Is music to my ears!!

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 09:11:35 AM »
Yes, going T1-2-3 was my biggest failing of that match. My normal strat was T1-2-4 with panther first to deal with armour but I though I could get pumas out and dominate the field since he was support barracks at the time. I said the Su was a contributing factor, not the main reason.

To be fair as well, the Su also got extremely lucky in avoiding my stormtroopers. The shrek dance is such a pain. With it's low health I could've killed it very quickly had they hit. The thing is, it's similar in combat ability to a firefly (with less health and slightly better armour) yet costs a fair bit less to get.

Out of curiosity, what is their armour type? Stug? Hetzer? I still think they do slightly too much damage as well.

The armour type is 'hetzer'. the thing about the armour types however is that the german guns tend to be better against them than allied ones. A panther/tiger/Pak will practically autopenetrate and takes 3 hits to kill an SU. That's the reason they do alot of damage because they are expensive glass cannons. 1v1 if you push against them with another tank you'll win. SU-85 does 137.5 damage as standard-same as panther/tiger while the SU-100 does 150