Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Removing limits on call in units  (Read 11499 times)

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
Removing limits on call in units
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »
I was playing with airborne the other day , and i was flabbergasted at the message "Actions cannot be performed", when i tried to call in more airborne squads

Why , simply because the AI spams call in units....

What the hell can we do if the AI spams call in units  , the strength of airborne lies in its infantry and anywhere drop able AT guns , it doesnt make any sense if you cant use more than 4 or 5 of these , "It makes the germans really OP"

Devs i suggest that this limit should be removed 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:47:28 AM by AbhMkh »
The sound of 17 pounder ap shells tearing down panzers

Is music to my ears!!

Offline Strayker

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Removing limits on call in units(wow its rhyming!!)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:37:20 AM »
Well i had the same problem but on the German side! I played PE with Luftwaffe tactics and i could not get more than 3 squads of Fallschirmjaegers...that was really annoying. And the other day ive played PE Tank Destroyers and only 3 Hetzers out of 4 could be called. Those limits are really a bad idea...youre right they should be removed!
"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt..."

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:43:54 AM »
You shouldn't need that many airborne/AT guns anyway. They are there to support your normal riflemen in an AT role. Giant blobs of airborne aren't a skillful way to play the game.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:24 AM »
You shouldn't need that many airborne/AT guns anyway. They are there to support your normal riflemen in an AT role. Giant blobs of airborne aren't a skillful way to play the game.

Its "AIRBORNE" , with this stupid restriction on the call in units , I'm not able to use its mobile attack tactics cause i'm severely limited with the airborne squads and guns , if i had to use riflemen or tanks the i would choose infantry or armor doctrine rather than airborne , I love its assault tactics , you can cut down jerry infantry and blast the hell out of armor with those airborne AT guns. But now I keep getting the stupid message "actions cannot be performed"

Is music to my ears!!

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: Removing limits on call in units
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »
the limits on call-in units are there for a reason: to prevent the AI of spamming them. if the limits are removed the AI will spam them again which would be terrible. so right now the limits seem to be necessary for all who want to play balanced games vs AI.
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
the limits on call-in units are there for a reason: to prevent the AI of spamming them. if the limits are removed the AI will spam them again which would be terrible. so right now the limits seem to be necessary for all who want to play balanced games vs AI.

Yes...If someone wants spamming with units and play against another spam, he must play at Original CoH  ;D

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 04:46:16 PM »
Gentlemen you are not understanding the oint , why the hell would any one choose airborne if he cant get enough units to fulfill the purpose of "AIRBORNE" , I'd be better off choosing infantry or armor

Is music to my ears!!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »
I'm not sure you understand our point. The doctrines are not meant to completely define how you play but rather give you some neat support abilities. You don't see every armour player only building tanks or every infantry not building a single vehicle. Why do you want more airborne anyway? Just a couple of squads decimate most vehicles and they are much worse against infantry than rifles. It makes more sense to use combined arms rather than a giant blob of airborne.

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »
[...]The doctrines are not meant to completely define how you play but rather give you some neat support abilities. You don't see every armour player only building tanks or every infantry not building a single vehicle.[...]
+1

and btw the doctrines have more to offer than just call-ins (e.g. airborne: supply drops, recon/strafing/bombing runs)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:09:10 PM by El Tigre »
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »
http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=1557.0

Have a look at it , before say anything further

The american "company commander"

abilities , affect your predefined abilities , for eg faster infantry dep , faster tank dep , on field repairs , rangers etc , faster construction of defenses , the british abilities and axis abilities are more support oriented

So in the Americans , the "Company Commander" you choose affects your strategy of play , hence when a person uses airborne , he should focus less on deploying armor and more on infantry support like mg's , snipers , mortars etc

Get it now??

Is music to my ears!!

Offline Budwise

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
I agree that the hardcaps should be removed and put as it was in vCoH.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »
http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=1557.0

Have a look at it , before say anything further

The american "company commander"

abilities , affect your predefined abilities , for eg faster infantry dep , faster tank dep , on field repairs , rangers etc , faster construction of defenses , the british abilities and axis abilities are more support oriented

So in the Americans , the "Company Commander" you choose affects your strategy of play , hence when a person uses airborne , he should focus less on deploying armor and more on infantry support like mg's , snipers , mortars etc

Get it now??

Which has nothing to do with an airborne blob. Do you get it?

Airborne is actually a very good doctrine to rush tanks with because you get excellent AT support in your paras, while rifles + strafe deal with most infantry threats.

And sorry Bud, I disagree. Airborne, rangers and Falls should have a limit of 4. The arty callins should be limited at 3 like normal. AT guns limited at 3-4. Stormtroopers don't really need a limit seeing as you need them as main troops with T3 Blitz and their obscene pop cost limits them enough. It's good that elite infantry blobbing has limits now.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:10:56 PM by GodlikeDennis »

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 07:14:11 PM »
Why cant you accept your defeat with grace?? ;)

Is music to my ears!!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 07:16:27 PM »
I'm defeated? News to me. You haven't put forth a good enough argument at all.

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 07:31:36 PM »
My suggestion will be supported by all without arguments :P

Is music to my ears!!