Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: I can't start EF from the launcher  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Natalot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
I can't start EF from the launcher
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:27:38 PM »
Hi there everyone,

I'm very new to EF, and it seems that I cannot launch EF. I can start up the launcher, but when I click 'Play' an error message pops up stating that "Eastern Front Mod is up to date"

Now, I've seen that someone else has had the problem as well, but their solution doesn't seem to work for me. The directory is correct, I'm absolutely sure of it, but it still doesn't launch.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to fix this, please tell me as soon as possible. Also, if there is another way to launch the mod without the use of a launcher, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: I can't start EF from the launcher
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:39:22 PM »
Go to launcher settings and check that CoH Directory is the correct one.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Natalot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
I've tried this many times, I've tried linking it to
C:\Program Files\Company of Heroes

As well as
C:\Program Files\Company of Heroes\Eastern Front

But neither of them to any avail. I appreciate your help anyway.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »
Ok, lets do this:

NOTE: You must install Eastern Front over Company of Heroes path, you will find inside that path RelicCoH.exe, Bugsplatter, Worldbuilder.exe, etc. At that path must be installed, i.e C:\Program Files\Company of Heroes, not in any other self created folder. Eastern Front installs over the root of CoH folder if you install in another one you won't be able to play because it can't read CoH files. If you like before doing the steps below you can post an screenshot of your CoH Directory to see if there's a problem with CoH filesystem.

• Uninstall EF and check that there's no EF file or folder left.
  • Install EF over CoH directory ~ C:\Program Files\Company of Heroes.
  • Update it from the launcher and check that the path of the installer is correct.
  • Before playing, go to settings and check that the correct directory is selected.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Natalot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 01:18:03 AM »
Hi again,

blackbishop, I love you.

You have the knowledge of a wisened old man with a beard that goes to his toes. Stroke it, for you are awesome.

You've given me so much help with this; I hadn't realised until you posted, that the directory needed to be the one with WorldBuilder etc. in it. I then remembered that I'd originally installed CoH in my THQ folder, as well as my Dawn of War games (because I already had the folder at the time, I thought to myself that I wouldn't need another one).

Only then did I see that the C:\Program Files\Company of Heroes folder was completely empty.

Thank you so much, the mod is up and running now, finally. You get my props.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 01:26:18 AM »
You're welcome @Natalot ;D. It's the most rewarding thing of this 'job', when you help others to solve their problems and succeed.

Well, enjoy Eastern Front, remember that the ostheer is coming(well ceirtanly does but the we haven't a release date yet ;)) and soon another update.

As the user has his issue fixed I close this thread.
Mors Indecepta