Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Suit Up!  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
Suit Up!
« on: October 13, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
Today's the international suit up day.

Put on your suits and be awesome!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129322155887
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: Suit Up!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »
At first I though it said Shit up....

The only reason am not doing it is everyone else is doing it.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline SK8ERatWAR

• Guard
  • two million soldiers can't be wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »
i don't have a suit, lol

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:06:38 PM »
At first I though it said Shit up....

The only reason am not doing it is everyone else is doing it.
Im not doing it.

Offline Hawk_Silk

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 11:44:16 PM »
I wear a suit minus the jacket everyday anyway, and since I have a policy of making myself available 24/7 to clients I'm always dressed the part.

Regards Hawk (Silk)
Quote from: Dragon93
Patch 1.21 'Where the fuck's my Bergetiger?!'

Offline Werwolf

• Guard
  • "Vorwärts, Sturmsoldaten! Für Das Vaterland!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 07:37:16 AM »
I often wear a tailored SS Panzerjacke to work (accurate repro; Sig runes removed, of course), instead of a conventional suit jacket... it just looks a heckuva lot smarter and more intimidating than all of the blah Armani/Gucci/Thom Browne suits worn by everyone else.  8)

Suit up, y'all.  ;)

Wunderwaffen Doctrine: What technology created for us, we drive it towards the enemy.

Offline SK8ERatWAR

• Guard
  • two million soldiers can't be wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »
I often wear a tailored SS Panzerjacke to work (accurate repro; Sig runes removed, of course), instead of a conventional suit jacket... it just looks a heckuva lot smarter and more intimidating than all of the blah Armani/Gucci/Thom Browne suits worn by everyone else.  8)

Suit up, y'all.  ;)

haha that's so sick!

Offline Pauly3

• Commissar
  • I have studied your art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »
Haha thats so NAZI
i am sorry we germans are kinda sensible to this
in germany you would prolly go to prison for that...
"But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »
Haha thats so NAZI
lol ;D.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Werwolf

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 05:48:13 AM »
Haha thats so NAZI
Yep, you probably would, if you didn't remove the Sig runes and other Nazi insignia (which I did, of course). It's just a combat (Panzer) uniform after all, and the tailoring's really superb. I get more compliments whenever I wear it (especially from women), compared to when I'm wearing my more "conventional" threads. And, despite my predominantly German and Danish roots, I'm no White-Power Skinhead by any stretch... just an eccentric militaria collector and WW2 reenactor.  ;) Having Wolfsangel and Tyr runes tattooed on my wrists, Toten and Opfer runes on my shoulder blades, the Prussian eagle, "Waräger" and "Gott mit Uns" on my back, a blood-group symbol on the underside of my left arm, "1%er" on my right one, and a Ger rune (for my Opa's division, Nordland) near my heart--- that doesn't even prove that I am a Neo-Nazi. For me they all represent my heritage, and the runes themselves contain qualities I hold dear (and yes, I'm also a biker---which explains all those tattoos). Nothing bad about that right? ;)

Honestly, I think my office ensemble looks more "Star Wars Imperial" instead of WW2. If only I could Force-Choke my erring employees... :P ;D

RANDOM RELATED TRIVIA: Did you know that Hugo Boss started out by tailoring uniforms for the Wehrmacht and SS? 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:49:32 AM by Werwolf »

Wunderwaffen Doctrine: What technology created for us, we drive it towards the enemy.

Offline Pauly3

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
jeeeez those tattoos are illegal in germany
most people in germany try to forget (or never mention) that their relatives fought in Divisions like "Nordland"
i guess it is fine in america but in germany everyone would consider you a Neonazi with tatoos like that
I for myself would never tatoo me a U-boot on my body even though my granddad served on one
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Offline Werwolf

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »
jeeeez those tattoos are illegal in germany
most people in germany try to forget (or never mention) that their relatives fought in Divisions like "Nordland"
i guess it is fine in america but in germany everyone would consider you a Neonazi with tatoos like that
I for myself would never tatoo me a U-boot on my body even though my granddad served on one
They are? Hmm, I guess I've never noticed, since I've always worn long clothing in Europe. I guess this is just one of the ways for me to reconnect with my roots, being far away from the Fatherland and all... And I think it's probably an American thing, this practice of displaying one's cultural heritage for everyone to see (the runes and the Prussian eagle just look less corny compared to a goddarned Teutonic knight  and a German flag on my back lol), for the sake of individuality. My best bud Zvi, who's also a motorcycle enthusiast, is Jewish... and he has a huge Star of David and a passage from the Torah tattooed on his body. People always find it intriguing when they look at our body art and see us standing next to each other in a bar.  ;D :P that's America for you.  ;)

I'm proud of what my family once was, and I know that we were not Nazis. Dad always told me that Opa was more of a realist: as a member of the aristocracy, he knew of the threats that Communism presented and signed himself up for the volunteer service. Even though he was technically Waffen-SS, he was loyal to his Fatherland and to his family, not to Hitler. That, and the fact that he personally knew Oberst Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, who also shared some of his sentiments and even took it a step further (he wasn't aware of Stauffenberg's assassination plot at the time though, since he was busy trying to survive the Ostfront).

I always tell people to look beyond my tattoos and shaved head... All of them tell a story. The ones on my wrist are based on my Opa's... he had the same runes tattooed on his wrists after Narva, to give him the strength and willpower to fight on. The Opfer and Toten runes symbolize death and sacrifice---I got them after a stint in the Juvenile Detention system. Before my Opa's family was able to escape from the destruction of our estates in Prussia, a lot of our Junker relatives were mercilessly raped or killed while trying to defend themselves and their homes. Most of the bodies were said to have been mutilated and eventually ended up in mass graves, or were burned where they lay. None of them were given a decent burial by the occupying forces. We have never forgotten that fact, and these tattoos serve as a permanent reminder to me. I believe that to deny that such things ever happened to our family and to our people would be like denying that the Holocaust ever happened. It's what my wife and I teach our kids, too. History, especially the darker parts of it, shouldn't be swept under the rug and forgotten. All of these terrible things did indeed happen.

As for my shaved head... well... I've always kept it that way since I was a kid. Growing up surrounded by a lot of kids of various races here in LA, I was accused of being "too white". And as a result of all the bullying, I became ashamed of my blond hair and grey eyes since I wanted to "fit in". I eventually grew out of it, though I had already become accustomed to having very little hair to worry about.... hehe.

BTW, What's so wrong with a U-Boat tattoo? U-Boats were already there before WW2 anyway, they practically pre-date the NSDAP... I know someone who has it on his biceps  ;D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:59:58 PM by Werwolf »

Offline Pauly3

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 09:42:26 PM »
i respect your wiews and i like the freedom and laid back attitude you have in the USA (lol your best friend is a jew(i didnt see that coming))
in germany it is just so different
everything from that time is connected with the Nazis or being one
btw:my granddad was on a boat like this (but for most of the war he was on a different type(one that saw combat...))
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Boot-Klasse_XXI
and i am proud of him for surviving (two thirds of u-boat crews never returned)
my grandad was on one of the eleven boats in norway by the time the war ended
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:50:20 PM by Pauly3 »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »
Werewolf , I thought you lived in Germany?
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Werwolf

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 05:08:09 AM »
i respect your wiews and i like the freedom and laid back attitude you have in the USA (lol your best friend is a jew(i didnt see that coming))
in germany it is just so different
everything from that time is connected with the Nazis or being one
btw:my granddad was on a boat like this (but for most of the war he was on a different type(one that saw combat...))
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Boot-Klasse_XXI
and i am proud of him for surviving (two thirds of u-boat crews never returned)
my grandad was on one of the eleven boats in norway by the time the war ended
He was a very brave man, I'm sure.  ;) Living for weeks or even months inside a cramped U-Boat while being hunted by scores of planes and destroyers took a lot of guts and willpower. It was hell on earth, and the whole experience could really drive a person insane. Not many people could deal with that... the constant fear of dying in the middle of nowhere, trapped in a steel coffin with dozens of others, thousands of meters under the sea. For that I salute him.   :)

It's great that your granddad was able to come home after the war... He was probably one of the luckier ones. After the fall of Berlin (where he was captured), Opa spent many years in a brutal Soviet prison camp before he was able to rejoin everyone here in the States---that camp was where they branded him with a crude Swastika on the back of his neck with a red-hot poker, after he refused to embrace Communism and renounce his country and his Kameraden. War is heck, eh?

Werewolf , I thought you lived in Germany?
I'm often in Europe (I have properties and business interests there), but I grew up in the ol' US of A, where my family settled after the war.  ;) Malibu Colony, baby!  :D

Oh, and if you're ever in Cali and you see a tall, bald and Nordic-looking twenty-something guy with a lot of tattoos driving a replica '39 Mercedes-Benz 500 Pullman-Limousine, a VW Kübelwagen with "Nordland" insignia, or even riding a Zundapp K750... then that'd be me.  ;) pretty hard to miss.  :P
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:50:15 PM by Werwolf »