Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Changing voice files  (Read 2809 times)

Offline PoldekPL

• Guard
    • View Profile
Changing voice files
« on: October 31, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »
Hay guys, I have a question:

Yesterday, I thought that when I install CoH, I get ALL voice files (Eng, Ger, Rus, Ita... etc.), and I like very much russian voices (I just like Russians, I'm learning russian in school for over year), but I don't know how to change files...

Anybody can help?

And if it's possible in CoH, someone know how to do it in CoHO?

(P.S. I know I was away for a bit. I lose some interest in EF, especially because of crashes. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's my graphic card. I just need to wait for Xmas to get new one, then the fun will start ;D And if it will fix my EF problems, whole work will start again.)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Changing voice files
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »
I don't know if russian language is available for CoH:O.

Also as CoH:O directory has a diferent structure than CoH... but I think you can do the trick by replacing "SoundSpeechEnglish.sga" file over "..\Company of Heroes Online\Game\CoHO\Archives" for another one with russian language(remember to backup the file, you should ask someone that have CoH:O in that language.)

But as I said before, I don't know if the language is in the Beta.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline PoldekPL

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 05:52:56 PM »
Damn, I was wrong, I got only English files. But thanks God I still got EF with russian speech. Now all need to know is, does russian speed used in EF will fit in vanilla CoH. If there will be no problem, I'm good to go :D

Post Merge: October 31, 2010, 05:56:40 PM
Sh*t, wrong again :( looks like russian speech in EF is used in separate files, not one .sga... Only hope is russian speech file from someone who actually has russian version of CoH.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:56:40 PM by PoldekPL »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »
Do you have CoH on steam?

If you have, you can change the language of CoH from the properties box of the game on the Library of Steam. It will download all the russian speech files.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline PoldekPL

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
No, personally I hate Steam (but since they gave me L4D2 for free, I TOLERATE IT. Who the f*ck decided to make CoD 6 PC version steam-only?).

...wait. Maybe if I put my key into Steam, it will work like buying game from Steam Store? I need to check it...

Post Merge: October 31, 2010, 09:17:28 PM
That also didn't work out.

Does anyone here have russian CoH and time to upload ~300MB speech file anywhere? Looks like it's only way to do this.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 09:17:28 PM by PoldekPL »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 09:49:06 PM »
No, personally I hate Steam (but since they gave me L4D2 for free, I TOLERATE IT. Who the f*ck decided to make CoD 6 PC version steam-only?).

I have a friend that thinks like you. But he hasn't bought anything from it, and  claims that never will. I remember his face when I told him that fact about cod 6... lol.

Yeah, that's the only method as Retail keys aren't compatible with Steam.
Mors Indecepta