Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: AntiTank Guns  (Read 2000 times)

Offline AirborneEngineer

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
AntiTank Guns
« on: December 03, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
I love the game and love this mod, but there is something I have an issue with and that is the armor protection offered by Antitank guns, I have attacked anti tank guns in tanks from every angle and they take 5+ direct hits to kill them (even from behind!) and they sit and destroy a tank blitskrieg with impunity, in reality while the later guns were effective they had little or no armor and could even be driven over by Tanks (many reviews of this from Panzer Drivers at Kursk who simply ran them over) With this in mind please could this be addressed in a future release? Running over them would be cool!!!

On a slightly different note I think the Americans are disadvantaged as it cots way too much before they get tanks.

Cheers and merry xmas to all

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
Re: AntiTank Guns
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »
it's balance issue I guess. It would be too easy to win AT gun with tanks while it's supposed to be dangerous to tanks. AT guns get evade bonus or something else.
If you want to run over AT gun, try Blitzkrieg mod.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 11:40:22 AM »
AT guns hard counter tanks, it's the way it should be. Certain tanks like the Tiger can beat AT guns due to the splash damage but don't rely on it. Use support units instead.

Back in the day tanks were too effective against AT guns, hitting and killing them in 3 shots reliably. I prefer it how it is now.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline SavageWorld

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
On a slightly different note I think the Americans are disadvantaged as it cots way too much before they get tanks.

Cheers and merry xmas to all

For US to get tanks it cost 50 fuel + 90 fuel =140 fuel
For WM it cost 35 fuel + 50 fuel + 50 fuel + 50 fuel = 185
Unless you count tier 3 tanks. with cost 35 + 50 +35 = 120
For USSR it cost 50 fuel + 55 fuel =105 fuel for the an early tank
but to get the T-70/85 it cost 50 + 85 + 50 =185 fuel.

The other factions can get their tanks out slightly faster, but US get their best tanks faster. It is also a faction that has a very strong early game, so they will often have more than half of the map (in high level play at least.) With enable them to get tanks faster. I do think that the crocodile could cost a lot less fuel, (around 60) but that is out of topic.

(All the calculations are based on the assumption that you spend the starting fuel on tier 1 and don't use any fuel until you get to the final level.)

And merry xmas to you  :D

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 06:04:43 AM »
Not that there's a huge difference but I'm fairly sure the Russian tank hall costs 55 fuel and not 50.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline SavageWorld

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 09:38:09 PM »
You are right. The Tank hall does cost 200 manpower and 55 fuel. But this only make the difference between when US and USSR first tanks comes out smaller.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 06:45:26 AM »
More than 15 days without replies, as the OP clearly didn't interested in his topic because didn't come back, i don't think would be necessary to ask for adding version tags. @AirborneEngineer, if you want to open your thread again, send me a pm.

Just for the record, this thread is closed due to breaking subforum rules, Tag Version not present. Better late than never.

Topic Locked.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...