Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Who Dares, Wins!  (Read 34602 times)

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Who Dares, Wins!
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »
Ouuhh yeah.. finally the brits will be playable for me  ;D Can't wait to play with RMC + a mate choosing the normal RC and celebrate a little D-Day revival match with them (Marine Commandos + Glider Guys  ;D)
Thank you again for this awesome piece of modding.
The changes that are shown in this list will be done. That means, the doctrines still the same only the normal units were changed(plus vet stacking, buffed speed); you can play by yourself RMC + Commandos any day :).

Good.. After explaining it a dozen times to all of us, I still don't get it, but doesn't matter. I'll see how it works when the patch is out. By the way: When does it come? And I don't want any "when it's done" please.

I WANT FINLAND =D

Then do them by yourself. Anyway this is OT.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
If you want to use RMC you need to go to reward section and activate RMC. Then go to the match and select brits as usual. After the loading screen you will see the difference.

The release date is still unknown due to the balance part.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
Okay thank you. Now I got it.  ;D

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2010, 08:17:03 PM »
Balance wise, you won't really need the bren carrier early on because
a)Troops move at normal speed and therefore flanking is quite legit
b) Recon squad is no longer a handicaped squad compared to other tommies
c)You get access to alot of sexy new jeeps and the bren carrier which can be filled with SAS for some nice flanking and raiding, only slightly later at more appropriate time.
d)You can get engineers with normal move and piats from the 'get go' to also help against early cars etc.

SAS are not going to be a spamable unit to replace commandos. They're just there to help promote the use of small fast moving flanking groups. The whole SAS command is effectively the Tier2 missing from the original brits. Also a useful assault unit if you don't go for commandos.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:19:26 PM by Zerstörer »
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2010, 08:44:47 PM »
Somehow I feel that the new brits will be overpowerd.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2010, 09:21:11 PM »
Somehow I feel that the new brits will be overpowerd.
I feel the same about Ostheer, but I'm sure that Reborn guys will lead the new brits to a good balance.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2010, 09:47:27 PM »
A little unfair if they get the luxury guns with 100-round drums when they come out. :P.

I would like that to be an upgrade actually from M1A1 to the M1928-style model, with better accuracy at long range and a 50 round-drum. But lets save the Royal Marine upgrades till later.
Actually, the M1A1 would be the upgrade. The M1928 was the earlier model and had a few problems (like Drum magazine jamming) That is also why the M1A1 isn't compatible with a drum magazine, only strick magazines.
And the design for the M1A1 a whole was more refined, like better sights.

Anyway, how do you propose to release this as part of 1.30 when you can't finish the Ostheer?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:49:43 PM by HyperSniper999 »
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »
A little unfair if they get the luxury guns with 100-round drums when they come out. :P.

I would like that to be an upgrade actually from M1A1 to the M1928-style model, with better accuracy at long range and a 50 round-drum. But lets save the Royal Marine upgrades till later.
Actually, the M1A1 would be the upgrade. The M1928 was the earlier model and had a few problems (like Drum magazine jamming) That is also why the M1A1 isn't compatible with a drum magazine, only strick magazines.

Anyway, how do you propose to release this as part of 1.30 when you can't finish the Ostheer?
I don't know what this has to do with ostheer.
Mors Indecepta

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »

I don't know what this has to do with ostheer.
I thought 1.30 was going to be released on the OH's completion. So if the OH can't be released yet because of needing animators, then how will there be 1.30? That is, unless 1.30 will be just more Soviet tweaking and the British.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:43:39 PM by HyperSniper999 »
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »
1.30 will be just more Soviet tweaking and the British.

I think, it will.

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »
[...]
I thought 1.30 was going to be released on the OH's completion. So if the OH can't be released yet because of needing animators, then how will there be 1.30? That is, unless 1.30 will be just more Soviet tweaking and the British.
Who told you that? Afaik, devs haven't said that Ostheer was going to be released at 1.30. Just recrewing, tweaks on soviet's balance and new brits.

There's no ETA for Ostheer, but it's most likely that will be out on 2.00 than in 1.40, let alone 1.30.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »
Just recrewing, tweaks on soviet's balance and new brits.

'Just'...ain't you lot greedy  ::)

We're not aiming for OP Brits, just better balanced,less on the knife edge and more importantly fun to play with/against
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »

We're not aiming for OP Brits, just better balanced,less on the knife edge and more importantly fun to play with/against

Sorry, I was confused. :-[

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »

Yeah, sorry about that :-[.
Mors Indecepta

Offline sovietwarmachine

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2010, 02:42:12 AM »
Recon Element would be cooler if the rest of the squad were equiped with Stens.

I'm just sayin'.  ;)
However the "coolest" option isnt always the most balanced... unfortunately.

tompsons and stens arent very different what made comandos OP was the fact they had 6 stens and they were not all that worse than rangers with tommy guns so it could be a fesable option