Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front 1.30 Patch  (Read 65987 times)

Offline Mad hatters in jeans

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front 1.30 Patch
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2011, 02:36:40 PM »
finally the brits have a tank destroyer! finally.

couple of missing sound effects when i click on the new british units but nothing major.
oh and with the map Dom pavalova my friend and i got a synch error :(.

Leningrad is still too small i think, it's like squeezing 6 players into a 2 player match.

I tried out the angoville special match thing.
lol speeded up units are hard to control and erm kinda annoying. slow version of the match is just wow hard i managed like to one minute on rookie on slow before i got annihilated.

I like most of the changes, siren for air attacks instead of smoke is a good idea.
also is it normal for a kettengrad to 5% with infantry shooting it?

Most of the last changes i'd like to see are things that can only be done by relic i think (AI needs serious work, 5% thing).

and being able to recrew weapons is also nice as soviets.
any sign of soviet reward vehicles in the future?

I liked the Brits jeeps, although i think the recon jeeps are a bit expensive for what they're capable of, and the support jeeps are erm prone to dying. But SAS raiders are a nice addition. I'd still like to see a reshuffling of Brit doctrines if the devs are willing to continue working on brits. oh and normal movement is a major bonus guys love it.

So overall a great addition to the mod i think, really like the work in this one, only a few odds and ends to polish then it's wait for ostheer, no i won't ask when they arrive but i have to say regarding the quality of work you guys put in i can't wait.
 :)

Offline mj23007

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2011, 05:11:58 PM »
First off amazing patch!! I dont think it could get much better. The soviets tech and play perfectly. Its as balanced as its ever been, my brother and I played about 15 matches, and we both loved it!
Here are my initial impressions and things I would like to see fixed/adjusted:
1) when you upgrade conscripts to NKVD u can no longer retreat? Intentional, if so, I dont like it.
2)conscripts cant recrew. Intentional? This may be a good thing.
3)British faction late game trucks seem to cost to much,maybe its gas, but if you go the command glider route, the second and third truck take forever to reach.
4) The biggest problem we had was when we played games where we had to add more than 1 computer player in a 2v2 or 3v3 map, The maps(almost all of them) lagged, crashed or slowed down to the point of uplayability, granted we have everyghing on high, but we never have an issue with vanilla coh, only when we play EF with comps. Reason for this??  I dont think its lag, I really thinks its map performance combined with to much AI. Your thoughts??
Otherwise its basically perfect for the soviets.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2011, 05:24:42 PM »
First off amazing patch!! I dont think it could get much better. The soviets tech and play perfectly. Its as balanced as its ever been, my brother and I played about 15 matches, and we both loved it!
Here are my initial impressions and things I would like to see fixed/adjusted:
1) when you upgrade conscripts to NKVD u can no longer retreat? Intentional, if so, I dont like it.
2)conscripts cant recrew. Intentional? This may be a good thing.
3)British faction late game trucks seem to cost to much,maybe its gas, but if you go the command glider route, the second and third truck take forever to reach.
4) The biggest problem we had was when we played games where we had to add more than 1 computer player in a 2v2 or 3v3 map, The maps(almost all of them) lagged, crashed or slowed down to the point of uplayability, granted we have everyghing on high, but we never have an issue with vanilla coh, only when we play EF with comps. Reason for this??  I dont think its lag, I really thinks its map performance combined with to much AI. Your thoughts??
Otherwise its basically perfect for the soviets.

Thanks for taking time to submit feedback.

1) NKVD never were able to retreat, but are "unsupressable" (bugged, but will be fixed) and can recrew heavy weapons.

2) Yes, intentional.

3) No comment :-X.

4) EF uses more resources than CoH.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:34:07 PM by blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline PanzerMan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2011, 06:15:44 PM »
the surface has dissapired O_O I tried to Printscreen it by Fraps, but nothing happened, then I close program and start Fraps again, it was the one screenshot that it has made, but I tried to make more, but nothing happens.

I found Log file. Some text from it is in CoH.txt.

There is, that EF is using DX9, but my Videocard can use DX10, maybe I must change in cfg-file My Documents\My Games\Comapny of Heroes\Local.ini:
from
screendevice=DirectX9 rendering device
to
screendevice=DirectX10 rendering device
???

Post Merge: January 24, 2011, 06:34:14 PM
nothing like that was no in the original game. It seems like, original maps from CoH have any problem, but new EF and players maps have this problem.
Some times on T-34, T-90 and SU appire dark grid when they recieve damage.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:34:14 PM by PanzerMan »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »
Did you install the lattest drivers of your video card?

If you want to use DX10, just set the settings on high or ultra.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline PanzerMan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »
Did you install the lattest drivers of your video card?

If you want to use DX10, just set the settings on high or ultra.

yes, i have the latest drivers.
Ultra settings can not set DX10, i set DX10 in the "local.ini" myself, now I will test it with freind in LAN game.

Offline Vio88mm

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2011, 07:02:57 PM »
How do you play the Red Tide/ Blitzkrieg challenge mode ? i can't figure it out ! help lol

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »
How do you play the Red Tide/ Blitzkrieg challenge mode ? i can't figure it out ! help lol

It's not as a game mode, but as a separate map. Should be near the end of 1v1 maps.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Dapperdawg

• Ingenery
  • Half Scottish Half German :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2011, 07:10:29 PM »
okay guys challenge is awesome love gunning down the soviet ranks with the wehrmacht :D but how do I get the reward faction, I've been playing brits the past few times to try and use the RMC but I can't get them  :-\, have I done something wrong in the download? or am I just being a Dumbass?  :P

many thanks dapperdawg
Remember all who fought in the world wars, even the axis soldiers after all they were humans too...

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
okay guys challenge is awesome love gunning down the soviet ranks with the wehrmacht :D but how do I get the reward faction, I've been playing brits the past few times to try and use the RMC but I can't get them  :-\, have I done something wrong in the download? or am I just being a Dumbass?  :P

many thanks dapperdawg

It's the latter...
Choose it in the army set up menu (where you usually choose tanks etc.).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:13:18 PM by IJoe »

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »

many thanks dapperdawg
Go to the reward tab, under reward units section and select Royal Marines Commandos.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2011, 07:14:08 PM »
You'll need to click on 'customize army' tab and then pick them, just like you would with any other reward unit.
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline beagletank

• Mapper
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »
Would it be possible to add some other new maps?
I´m still waiting for "Battle of Mahiljou" and "Kampinos Forest". ;D

@walki1: Leningrad works much better now. It is easier to place all buildings like before.

Offline PanzerMan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »
blackbishop, I low down settings, game, it seems to me - stabilized. But surface is like spread... I will try to test game with promoting one by one grahic settings, maybe will be issue.

Now something about Brits:
Sherman Firefly gone forever ? (only now is Comet)
SAS Light Support Jeeps & SAS Recon Jeeps can not be choosen in the "Tactic Map", also the have Pink icons. When I click 2 times on SAS LSJ and nearby is SAS RJ, it choose too, although it is two differend vehicles.

Offline sniper_bow

• Ingenery
  • One shot one kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2011, 12:31:10 AM »
For me the Tiger tank's 88mm cannon has no sound effect when it fires neither does the M10 achilles cannon, but all the other sounds work on these two vehicles, e.g the machine guns, engine, shell explosions, its just when it fires.... keep up the good work fellas, awesome patch!!