Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: having troubles while installing O_o  (Read 3307 times)

Offline stalkiii

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
having troubles while installing O_o
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:48 AM »
hello,
so i'm having this problem, which I have never had before, I have had your great mod installed like 4 different times, and this is the first time this problem occures, so after it asks me in which folder do I want to install it, it says this " The folder name cannot include any of the following characters:  / ; * ? " < > | "
and I have the slashed of course, between the folder names, like program files/THQ/company of heroes
So.... you guys have the answer i'm looking for?
[nofollow]

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
Re: having troubles while installing O_o
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:14 AM »
hello,
so i'm having this problem, which I have never had before, I have had your great mod installed like 4 different times, and this is the first time this problem occures, so after it asks me in which folder do I want to install it, it says this " The folder name cannot include any of the following characters:  / ; * ? " < > | "
and I have the slashed of course, between the folder names, like program files/THQ/company of heroes

Most likely, your issue is about "start menu folder", and all you should do is remove ":" from the given directory name.
I donno, why EF team never cared to correct that one, maybe that's their way to get rid of people with poor PC user skill.

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline stalkiii

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:16:53 PM »
hello,

Most likely, your issue is about "start menu folder", and all you should do is remove ":" from the given directory name.
I donno, why EF team never cared to correct that one, maybe that's their way to get rid of people with poor PC user skill.
>____>
well i'm sorry if i'm not a pc nerd like you are, and have a life instead of being at pc 24/7 and did not know that, ffs.
[nofollow]

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:36 PM »
hello,

>____>
well i'm sorry if i'm not a pc nerd like you are, and have a life instead of being at pc 24/7 and did not know that, ffs.

Is what I get for trying to help you?  ???
Besides, putting ":" in the installation wasn't my idea, I just guessed, why it's not removed 'till now. Though I myself think, they should have done it a while ago.
Anyway, there was not need to insult me, for I never did anything to deserve it. So, some apologies would be nice.

— forever.

Offline stalkiii

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:28:18 PM »
you're right, i'm sorry, but when asked for help; you shouldn't just answer that i'm a moron with computers >_>
and yes btw, thanks for your help...
[nofollow]

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »
you're right, i'm sorry, but when asked for help; you shouldn't just answer that i'm a moron with computers >_>
and yes btw, thanks for your help...

You're very welcome!  ;)
I really never meant to hurt your feelings, so I'm sorry, if that's what happened previously.  :-[

— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »

???! lol!! that was funny IJoe ;D!

As the user fixed his issue, this topic is closed now.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...