Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: is the corsix mod studio compatible with eastern front?  (Read 3208 times)

Offline jaime

• Strelky
    • View Profile
is the corsix mod studio compatible with eastern front?
« on: February 05, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »
a few days ago i wanted to add a chilean faction in the game :) and i found that the corsix mod i was able to do that......but when i modify my coh and i started the test it dindt worked :'(.is that because i have EF or because that need another version of the game?(i have company of heroes....not OF or TOV....just the first one).please reply!!!

Post Merge: February 05, 2011, 04:56:31 PM
some words arent in the correct order...sorry for that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:56:31 PM by jaime »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: is the corsix mod studio compatible with eastern front?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
did you create a new mod or used EF?

Remember that you need to create a CoH shorcut and add it these parameters:

-dev -mod YourModName -nomovies

where YourModName is... your mod name (tada, sound of a fanfare), otherwise won't run.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:46:06 PM by blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline jaime

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:05:54 PM »
thanks for reply...but the coh shorcut (dev) is added in the Properties?(i created a mod).....and it is supposed to work on eastern front? ???

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »
Yeah, on the properties of CoH Shorcut. And if yu create a new mod, it won't be compatible with EF; you'll need to open EF and add a new/edit a existant faction.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline jaime

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
i entered in a page that show me that(-dev -mod......) but there was another thing that i have to do before that....it was to pu a module,i dont now where

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 07:45:55 PM »
Usually you don't need to move the module file, because is stored on the Root of CoH folder. If your module file & folders aren't stored on that place, you should move them there.

And sorry about my weird question(fixed btw), i tried to say:

did you create a new mod or used EF?
Mors Indecepta

Offline jaime

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
i created a new mod....buy this is the this is the ting that i dont understand:When you make a new mod with the modstudio, the modstudio makes a module files that is incompatible with v2.600 so you have to change your whole module file to this:

Module:(a module that i already copied)
Copy the module above and paste it over yours (remove the text that is present in the original file and make it what it's above). Once that's done change all "Improved" to whatever your mod folder is called. (for example: My_Mod).

Then copy your .ucs file from your mod and put it in [modfolder]\Locale\English, so the .ucs file will work ingame. (without the [ ])

Then never use the 'Run in -dev mod' thing, because then it launches wrong. Add this target line to the shortcut: -mod [Mod_Name] -dev. (without the [ ]).

Post Merge: February 07, 2011, 10:49:02 PM
aaaa and thanks for reply Blackbishop.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:49:02 PM by jaime »

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Deutschland’s Mächtiger Ostheer!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:27:50 PM »
I keep trying to run corsix as well, Ill get the mod saved, and after 4+ hours of stat-changing and whatnot, Ill just go to the "Dev Mode 'On' >>> Run" tab on the menu, no dice. Something I'm doing wrong? I also have no idea how to 'add files' to the mod; if I don't I just seem to be changing stats out of thin air. Any help would be much appreciated; apologies for the off-topic.
Quote from: Pocketsize
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.