Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: hmmmm!  (Read 2262 times)

Offline AirborneEngineer

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
hmmmm!
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
having now played this game for some time in skirmish mode (me against the computer - every day!) I have a few points I think need addressing here:
  • The soviet antitank squads with PTRS-41 and PDRD rifles - while they were reasonably effective against trucks and lightly armored vehicles they couldn't even scratch the paintwork on a tank, yet in the mod I find that 3 veteran squads can take out panther tanks and do serious damage to others....this is untrue and absolutely absurd! - They should not be able to touch tanks...at all even from behind...this needs addressing asap
  • The Soviet rocket launching trucks - they are too effective against Tanks and in reality were used against defensive fortifications and buildings/ infantry positions - they also have way too much protection from tank shells as it takes 3 good hits to destroy them (similar to Tanks) and they are only trucks!
  • Soviet T70 - this was a fast ant personnel tank and is accurately represented however the gun should be more effective against troops
  • The Panzer V 'Tiger' or Panzer VI or better should have far more hitting power than they do
  • The German 88's also need more hitting power and they need defensive power increasing as they do not have as much defense as other smaller antitank guns
  • Please can the British have their dedicated sniper released into the mod?
Thanks for listening and please please consider these alterations

AE

Offline Raider217

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: hmmmm!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:47:05 AM »
    • The soviet antitank squads with PTRS-41 and PDRD rifles - while they were reasonably effective against trucks and lightly armored vehicles they couldn't even scratch the paintwork on a tank, yet in the mod I find that 3 veteran squads can take out panther tanks and do serious damage to others....this is untrue and absolutely absurd! - They should not be able to touch tanks...at all even from behind...this needs addressing asap

This is not a realism mod they have been taken out of proportion from real world because it is the only factual (russian made) anti tank weapon they possessed

• The Soviet rocket launching trucks - they are too effective against Tanks and in reality were used against defensive fortifications and buildings/ infantry positions - they also have way too much protection from tank shells as it takes 3 good hits to destroy them (similar to Tanks) and they are only trucks!

Yet again not a realism mod

• The Panzer V 'Tiger' or Panzer VI or better should have far more hitting power than they do

No changing of vanilla units and balance (apart from necessary stuff and bugs)

• The German 88's also need more hitting power and they need defensive power increasing as they do not have as much defense as other smaller antitank guns

Tis called Balance

[/list]
    « Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:49:43 AM by Raider217 »

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »
    Sometimes if you hit the panther in the right places, it might do some damage.
    The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
    • Commissar
    • Zeh fucking truck won't lock down! Its OVAH! . . .
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:49:17 PM »
    having now played this game for some time in skirmish mode (me against the computer - every day!) I have a few points I think need addressing here:

Balance suggestions based on AI/CPU experiences wont be taken seriously dude

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »
    If you talk about realism on EF, antitank rifles should be way less effective against tanks.

Besides, you will use Tank Hunters while you get tanks, then your TH will support your tanks... or at least that's how i use them.

The only think you can one shot with tanks(almost all of them) are jeeps/bikes/kettens.

For your other requests, we aren't going to change CoH factions, you can try posting these suggestions at Company of Heroes forum, where Relic is "gathering intel" to release a new patch.
    Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
    • Mr. Spam
    • Pick a card...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 05:55:41 PM »
    Time for my favourite video....

Hitler NEIN!

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
    • Mr. Spam
    • Listen up knuckleheads!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:57:31 PM »
    Have you tried being on the receiving end of 'realism' where all you get is some shitty  AT rifle that doesn't scratch anything and your opponent rolls over you with those Panthers? I bet you wouldn't find that very entertaining. Or you wouldn't actually build something that is an AT unit but can't actually do that job.

That whole realism argument is totally flawed for if you want true realism you must include all the aspect of realism in the game, not just the damage/penetration of guns.

And last but not least, EF is an expansion to vanilla coh and as such we're keeping the same balance and spirit
    R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
    R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
    RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
    • Mr. Spam
    • Forum historian
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 12:26:21 AM »
    there really needs to be a topic pinned in this forum saying that balance is more important than realism

also there has been a lack of actual (meaning more serious than this one) balance threads, how can things be balanced without input? about half of the balance threads right now are just mediocre
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:29:40 AM by robotnik »

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
    • NYET!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 12:53:58 AM »
    there really needs to be a topic pinned in this forum saying that balance is more important than realism

also there has been a lack of actual (meaning more serious than this one) balance threads, how can things be balanced without input? about half of the balance threads right now are just mediocre

Have to agree with that

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 05:34:13 AM »
    I think realism topics should be locked immediately personally. It is not the intent of the mod to introduce realism so there is absolutely nothing to discuss. This may be fine in a suggestions forum but the balance forum really needs stricter rules about what can be posted.

This:
    having now played this game for some time in skirmish mode (me against the computer - every day!)
    should mean instant disqualification tbh.
    If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 06:50:05 AM »
    Fair enough.
    Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...