Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Update 4: Schutzen War Camp  (Read 56068 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Update 4: Schutzen War Camp
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »
While your fear of ugly camo is justified by the lack of information about the final skins (and this will remain hidden until the time comes ;)), you should not think that any of the skins shown here are the final ones (especially infantry ones).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline skycaptain_p40

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »
I love the units, but this choosing between units will really mess with the way I would play as this faction. 
The choices i would most often make are:

Light Assault
Summary: Enables the production of Marksmen and MG teams. When you active LA, the FlaK 38 and Ofenrohr Truppen are disabled.

Heavy Assault
Summary: Allows to enable the production of Stormpioniers and Troop Halftracks. When you active HA, PaKs 40 and 75mm ISG teams are disabled.

Panzer Assault
Summary: Allows the production of Panthers and StuG IIIs. Disables the production of Marders and Brummbärs.

Those are the ones that would fit my play style, but the major problem being is i would have no AT capabilities until late game. 
Now I know that's mostly my fault because of my choosing, though still feel like that is an issue that should be addressed.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »
That's an easy one, just choose a defensive pool instead of an offensive one ::).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2011, 04:31:56 AM »
You don't make the choice once. Swap back if you need the others. Or build a 2nd building if you're that desperate.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2011, 04:34:41 AM »
You don't make the choice once. Swap back if you need the others. Or build a 2nd building if you're that desperate.

Second building won't help, - since the upgrade is global, you'll still have to switch between the pools.

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

pariah

« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2011, 04:38:41 AM »
And on top of that, most maps only provide enough room in the H.Q. territory for 1 of each base building, and some Eastern Front maps only have enough for like 2 or 3. ;)