Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: (April Fools) Ostheer Update 5.5: Changes  (Read 15770 times)

Offline Troynl

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Update 5.5: Changes
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 01:33:07 PM »
i didn't believe it after i saw that Army Group Center could build a mouse tank  :)

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 02:23:12 PM »
Nice joke ;D, when i was reading this i knew that it is not true, to many work and that would be crash balance.

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 03:58:06 PM »
So that means no Finns and Brandenburgers and the Black Sea Marines? :(

By the way, technically I was one of the first. Rizz showed me it last night. Was caught by the Rhinos and Mice.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 04:13:11 PM »
oh will i guess there is something ture about this news  :P

Offline sudifo

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 04:53:29 PM »
those are good idea's  but its too bad they are jokes :(

Killar

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 04:58:40 PM »
If wouldn´t have put in mice and sturer emil it would be much harder to realise

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »
LoL...nice April fool!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline tpcoughlin

• Donor
  • Ingenery
  • Mankiller from the Shtetl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »
Interesting concept. :) I hope it works out well. Pre-empted my Notion for a Rewards Axis Minor Powers Faction. :'(

"With the co-operation of are brave Allies the Third Reich will last for a 1000 Years" ... Ernie Schiklgruber

Comments:
1. How is it activated? HAH HAH HAH!!! Good Joke I wondered about the 5.5 You mashugga's are gonna get a potato masher in your Christmas Stockings. BTW thanks you have given me a way to figure out this fucking posting toolbar works without getting any shit from the moderators or snipes from the hecklers ;D
2. I see only one drawback to the concept: It will detract from the Doctrine Duel in pvp. ???
3. I do not like the PanzerThurm build Ability!  :P
4. Sov MG Finally filled the role :) :) :) :-* Maybe,please please, can we get a skin with the wheeled carriage, gunmantlet optional 8) as they were removed in the field to reduce weight.
5. Sov AC Finally filled the role:) :) one tiny issue It looks like a BA 64 to me not a BA 10.  ;)

Some ideas for the Dev Teams consideration:

AGN
Finnish Ski troops>Gebirgs
1.Finnish Soumi(?)  8) 8) AT squads expert at ambushes during the Winter War Used in groups of two.
AGC
3. Disaffected Soviet ethnic-minority Partizans

AGS
4 Italian Bergsalieri=>Gebirgs
5. Italian Paratroops < Fallschrimjaegers but Air Drop Deployment  ;D is an asset that every commander would drool over.   (not historical on the eastern front though).
6."Sicilian Fire brigade" 8) 8) : The Italians fielded a truck mounted AA gun that performed excellently in the ATG role.+-=PAK 40. with suppression ability it could quickly respond to deep Soviet penetrations and rear area partisan control. Enigma tells me it should have LR but limited sighting distance (rational:partisan hunting  requires more than one Squad to be effective. It would make the "Mark Target" ability useful. Saw action during :Operation Husky"
7.PvP Play/AI Play Concept Non player influenced Seasonal weather changes cycling through the Game. AI game setup menu could/should have a toggle on/off.

Enigma
Winter War historical relevance
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:41:16 PM by tpcoughlin »
孫 The
                                               EFv1.3.1
子 Art
                                               ENIGMA
兵 of
                   Sun Tzu says: War is the way to survival or extinction.
法 War

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 06:50:57 PM »
I'm an Italian and I think even 2 units of Italians is over doing it.

Many countries participated on the axis side, not just Finns and Italians, even if they were the primaries. If you're going to include one or two foreign units, you're stuck providing a foreign unit corresponding to nearly everyone's wants due to patriotism.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline HomerSimpson

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 07:33:50 PM »
First Thought: Great :)
Second Thought: Bt won't that get too complicated?
Third Thought: Mouse?! OMG! they ruinnend the balance for all times...

Fourth Thought. WAIT! What date is it?!

Fifth Thought: LOOOOOOOOL  ;D ;D ;D   Nice one!

Offline Red_Stinger

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
I'm an Italian and I think even 2 units of Italians is over doing it.

Many countries participated on the axis side, not just Finns and Italians, even if they were the primaries. If you're going to include one or two foreign units, you're stuck providing a foreign unit corresponding to nearly everyone's wants due to patriotism.

Well, I just dont want a french volunteer unit in the Ostheer, by as you said, patriotism... Dont want to see french traitors and murderers in the Ostheer.

At first, I though it was a real news. But I also realized 10 seconds later that it was the 1st april...  :P  ;D
"Du sublime au ridicule, il n'y a qu'un pas"
-Napoléon Bonaparte

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »
Last year's joke was funnier.  ;D

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
Well they could do a Foreign Uint as something generic. If they're going by the Army Groups as doctrines, they could have skins for the foreign unit depending on the group you picked. For example, Finnish uniforms in the Northern Army Group, Italian skins for Southern Army Group, but the unit would continue to speak German with no stat differences.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 10:08:12 PM »
^^ What's the point?
If you're so inclined, get yourself one of gazillion various skins to replace any one, that will be in the game, or make one, if you can/have a lot of spare time.

Besides that, I don't think, that doctrines, based on the army groups' names, are that much of a good idea,- after all an army group is supposed to be (and was in fact) somewhat universal.
It's not like all that some particular AG did was tank operations/airstrike/artillery. Not even roughly that, unless you plan to go down to stereotypes.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:29:16 PM by IJoe »

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 01:37:52 AM »
^^ What's the point?
If you're so inclined, get yourself one of gazillion various skins to replace any one, that will be in the game, or make one, if you can/have a lot of spare time.

Besides that, I don't think, that doctrines, based on the army groups' names, are that much of a good idea,- after all an army group is supposed to be (and was in fact) somewhat universal.
It's not like all that some particular AG did was tank operations/airstrike/artillery. Not even roughly that, unless you plan to go down to stereotypes.
It wouldn't be five million skins. It'd be only three, maybe four (for those weird people with no doctrine)
The foreigners would be just simple cannon fodder infantry. The skins would be to give the unit different character accurate to their group.

ALothough maybe the army group idea is stupid, and only really lasted till 1943. Wasn't the war afterwards just a jumbled mess for the Germans?