Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Favorite Military Leader...  (Read 23132 times)

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Military Leader...
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2012, 04:19:58 AM »
What you say is true. Pizzarro's greatness was not so much in terms of quality. Granted Toledo steel, Firearms and Warhorses were high quality stuff but to conquer and stabilise an area as large as the Inca Empire with so few men was an amazing feat.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Deutschland’s Mächtiger Ostheer!
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:51 PM »
Erwin Rommel is a personall favorite, though mostly from the fanboism of the man. His tactics repeatedly confounded the British, but only because nobody caught on to them. He really did fall into a repetetive pattern of sweeping right flanks that only Monty figured out--which is why only he was able to drive Rommel back. He also earns my respect for his distance from the Nazi Party, equal treatment of himself, his officers, and his soldiers, as well as PoWs (equal ration shares for everyone, for example), and his outstanding allocation of resources and ability to turn a defensive position into a blistering counterattack.
Quote from: Pocketsize
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2012, 02:23:26 AM »
Hey Volks,
Rommel is one of my favorites too. I sometimes wonder though if much of Rommel's success in Afrika wasn't due to his habit of going out of communications with his superiors in Berlin. Most of the coups scored by the 30thcorps/8th Army were due to possesion of German codes by the Brits. This is not to belittle either the hard fighters on either side of the aisle or the Desert Fox himself.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline CreeperFIN

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2013, 10:41:11 PM »
Mine favorite is G.G Mannerheim. His command saved the finland from soviet occupation  3 times.                   http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/3009425719_22ed96d23f_z.jpg?zz=1 [nofollow] some people say that never attack russian but i say never attack finland:D (i know that many of you dont agree but im finnish and i had to say that)