Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.31]Commissar(SU/Prop) vs SSDeathsHead(PE/Luft)  (Read 1740 times)

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
[1.31]Commissar(SU/Prop) vs SSDeathsHead(PE/Luft)
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »
wow, good game. close game

It was the ruthless panzer elite pressing the attack against the mighty Red army! The germans seized the initiative in true blitzkrieg fashion, but did the resilient Red Army falter? Or  did they crush the fascist invaders?  8)

AC in under 5 :o
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:51:15 AM by REDcommissar »
Soviet is OP

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
Re: [1.31]Commissar(SU/Prop) vs SSDeathsHead(PE/Luft)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 03:41:05 PM »
Nice fight against that fascist, comrade!  :)
I wonder, why he never used the traps on checkpoints though (yeah, I know, it's another doctrine,- that's exactly my point)? And why the hell did he build that stupid lone 88? What a strange dude!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:30:02 PM by IJoe »

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »
Thx comrade, SE doct is usually considered UP. the majority of players like luft. although that whirble was a poor choice. he rushed so fast it seems he may have overstepped his supply. good observation SE woulda helped

maybe I'm getting soft or something, but his level of play surprised me

I know you were looking for some tips for fighting PE did this help any?

Looking back I would've done a few things differently here. Like not built ANY TH squads at all, but in the heat of battle who has time to think so clearly? those tank hunters really let me down, only thing they did was help kill a panther. and by then the game was over more or less
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:52:33 PM by REDcommissar »
Soviet is OP

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »
Thx comrade, SE doct is usually considered UP. the majority of players like luft. although that whirble was a poor choice. he rushed so fast it seems he may have overstepped his supply. good observation SE woulda helped

maybe I'm getting soft or something, but his level of play surprised me

I know you were looking for some tips for fighting PE did this help any?

Looking back I would've done a few things differently here. Like not built ANY TH squads at all, but in the heat of battle who has time to think so clearly? those tank hunters really let me down, only thing they did was help kill a panther. and by then the game was over more or less
Well, about the game, I was surprised a bit about how fast he developed, and you did sacrifice several units for no apparent reason... But war is hell. And who can be in several places simultaneously? (I can't)
Couple of ZiS guns instead of those TH would have made a short work of his light armor indeed. I guess, it's all about your adherence to blobs ;D
Also, why in a world did you choose that shitty doctrine? A handicap? - Either one of other two would've been a far better choice.

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »
Haha moar blobz plz! :P
yeah he devleoped crazy fast he knew exactly what he was doing, obviously a pretty high level player. like I said he caught me totally off guard.

I went prop because once he turtled and put that 88 up i knew a few lucky shots, or a few careless mistakes and he would have the upper hand again - If I lost my armor. So I went prop for the katyusha, I also didnt know he was stretched so thin at that point. afterall, he was going pretty hard and had the upper hand for a while

yeah I lost a couple units, that I could've saved - my game may be slipping  :P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:30:58 PM by REDcommissar »
Soviet is OP

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:30:39 AM »
To be honest he didn't play very well. He had a decent combination of units but didn't use anything but the ACs well. He was lucky you went an extra ingenery squad instead of conscripts because they would have done much more in combat. Wirbles are usually a bad choice but LGF served him well.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
he caught me totally off guard with that AC, if he played bad then I played worse. glad to get out with the win. thx for watchin dennis!  :)

yeah the whirbe was a facepalm ;D
Soviet is OP