Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Sicilia  (Read 23044 times)

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Sicilia
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2011, 08:45:06 AM »
Yeah, you may be right. I'm probably just picky.  :P  Sorry though guys, I probably should have posted my question in a different section.

Anyways though folks, back to subject. Here a small agriculture part I have put together, and I was wondering if it looked okay. Like you could say: Looks like it needs a little more -----, or -----.

I spy with my little eyes a hill in progress... ;D

Again, Fantastic Work! :D I like what I see, I can not WAIT to play this map and feel homesick.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »
I have too agree with Cranialwizard again. I love this map even if I haven't played it yet :D

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Goober

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »
Thanks!  :D So there is nothing that looks messed up or out of order? I just want it perfect because I will be basing all other agricultural areas on this.
"Stop playing the fool!"

pariah

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2011, 03:52:36 PM »
1) I'm not sure about that cart in the fence. It doesn't look right to me.

2) It looks like it's too easy to fit troops between those Bunkers for a base rush.

3) What's with the wholes in the fences? It looks like a grenade or something was detonated right there, as if there was a battle. If so, i think there needs to be more destruction around the place, to further imply that this area has seen combat. If not, i think it's best to remove the damage, and put open gates there if you want the fences to not block certain areas.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »
Read the post above, he said he was having trouble with destroying the fences without leaving splats behind.

pariah

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »
Could you please quote it, because i can't find it?

Either way, i suggested that he add more destruction, or replace the holes with gates. There are ways around. ;)

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
@Seeme: Don't worry, this is Sicily. There will be TONS of hills in the middle. So far I've only done the small agricultural areas.

Post Merge: May 19, 2011, 04:16:20 PM
I was wondering also: Is there any way to have a destroyed wall without the gross splat it makes?

Thanks, but now I have a new problem......sorry. I put the cursor on the destroyed wall splat, opened console, typed up wb_orphan_nuke_texture
and it did nothing. Here is the screen:

You were talking to him about it for a page and a half Pariah  ::)

If he replaces the holes then he would have to remove things like the gliders, and add more gates to fences, which would make it look weird since it's on the edge of the map.

pariah

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2011, 04:48:24 PM »
That was walls, not fences. ;)

As for what Goober wants to do, well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Goober

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2011, 07:06:08 PM »
Thanks pariah, that's what I wanted.  ;D I will do all your suggestions except one. The kart is supposed to have grapes in it, (purple tinted bush. Tacky, I know, but I might remove them later on) so that's why. But I will move it to a better spot. I hadn't even noticed it was in the fence.  ::)

Oh yeah, and this fence spline had no splats, so I can do what I want with it! Praise the Lord!  :D

Here are some screens of it done:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:07:10 PM by Goober »
"Stop playing the fool!"

pariah

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2011, 08:29:02 PM »
Looks real nice. :)

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2011, 11:42:33 PM »
I would like, Goober, if you could destroy some of the rows of grape wine, to make troops able to cross the ochard without needing lots of hours. Just destroy some of the fences and bushes to create sort of gaps in it to improve pathfinding, same goes for the other fences (not too much, just a little ;))

BTW I like that hangar very much, reminds me of playing the crete map of Forgotten Hope 2. :)

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2011, 11:56:59 PM »
Maxi has a very good point, while the vineyard looks very pretty it would take troops forever to make their way through them.

pariah

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2011, 11:59:14 PM »
So? If the terrain bothers you so much, hit it with arty, or crush it with a tank.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »
Suppose you are T1 Wehr, Amis, or PE? (Brits can use Bren to crush most barriers like wires, bags, I do not think fences are an exception)

pariah

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2011, 12:04:42 AM »
For me, part of the fun of the game is struggling to deal with the environment and terrain. War should be hard, even out of combat. ;)