Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Air to ground and ground to air  (Read 6510 times)

Offline mads

• Strelky
  • quite honestly who in their right mind would repla
    • View Profile
Air to ground and ground to air
« on: May 23, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
hi do not understand that the Brits have no special air support besides glider. I thought this is too bad because they had one of the largest air forces. Therefore, I thought the British should have their Halifax bomber in the game. :)
because I have noticed that in worldbuilder, there is a Halifax bomber. I think it's a shame that such a large and beautiful aircraft is not used in the game. so I was wondering if you could give the Brits a bombing run just like Americans, but just much wilder and more powerful. it would be very expensive but very powerful bit like a Creeping Barrage just faster.
you could replace it with their Decoy Artillery and put the price up to 250 munitions.

Another idea is to give Americans Barrage balloons as air defense, as they have nothing particular against airstrikes in the game. they act as floating bombs and as soon as a v1 or an aircraft colliding with a balloon, the plane crash and the balloon explode and the fall to the ground and the ignite the ground. this could be a fun kind of air defense. This defense will not remind of the others. Barrage balloons must be positioned tactically when enemy planes must also hit them before they have any effect. this is my idea of a fun air defense which is not similar to others. balloons can replace Americans recon run so they instead can build barrage balloons.

I think those are two good suggestions but I'd like to hear other bids for the Brits and the Americans. and what prices should be for such two specialties and if it could ever be possible in the game. ;D

Quite honestly who in their right mind would replace a Calliope for a Jumbo?

snailcommando

Re: Air to ground and ground to air
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:03:54 PM »
[... so I was wondering if you could give the Brits a bombing run just like Americans, but just much wilder and more powerful. it would be very expensive but very powerful bit like a Creeping Barrage just faster.
you could replace it with their Decoy Artillery and put the price up to 250 munitions.

poor wm/pe player... RCA already bombing them to ashes. Wanna bombing em back to the stone age? ::)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:09:13 PM by snailcommando »

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:16:25 PM »
Devs said that they will not touch vanilla (orginal) stuff, so...dunno.

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:03:09 PM »

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »
weeeee  :D my favourite movie  ;D

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »
NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

Are you MAD?!

Devs said that they will not touch vanilla (orginal) stuff, so...dunno.

First there's that.

Second for God's sake if you add a bomber to the friggin' brits it screws the balance up, EVERYONE would go RCA for the OP'd SOB Halifax, and then the Wehr fanboys will complain and want THEIR bomber, then people will start complain about things like the Maus.

For christ's sake THINK for a moment.

PS: Combine Moonwalker's and TheDzierzanPL's sayings under their pictures.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:33:08 PM by Cranialwizard »
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline mads

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 03:49:22 PM »
I can not see what the problem is. the halifax bombing run will be much more expensive than their Decoy Artillery. which were built 6.178 halifax bombers where there is only built 2 prototypes of maus who never saw combat.
You could also give the Germans the opportunity to have spotlight to boost their anti-air weapons power and precision.
it's all just ideas, to give my suggestion for a more strategic and fun game to play.
I never said that Germans should not have anything in return for the British and the Americans' new stuff but it should not be maus because it was crap.

do not be so angry >:( it's only suggestions so relax a little and come up with other suggestions for both teams so it can be fair. ;)

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »
Put the Halifax Bomber in British Army means change the vanilla settings (Commander Tree) for that faction, and this mod won't change that settings.

All clear?

The videos are our faster answer for the impossible suggestions.  :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:58:38 PM by Moonwalker »

Offline S1lv3rWolf

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
    • Blitzkrieg Mod
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
The Halifax was only ever meant to be a cutscene model anyway, it was never meant to be in the actual game, almost like the V2 Rocket.

Not to mention we only need the americans to have a bombing run, not both factions, and British commandos are equally famous :D :P

Offline mads

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 02:01:46 AM »
The Halifax was also just one of the best bombers of the entire war.  ;)
I still think it is a shame not to use it.
In my opinion, would more aircraft and anti-air weapons make the game much more strategic. more anti air would shoot down planes if they is sent in wrong. while your soldiers would be bombed to death if you do not put antiair up.
these are just ideas.
it may well be that they said they would not change the vanilla thing , but in my opinion, they have done this by giving new reward units for all teams. Halifax will act as a reward unit for Decoy Artillery
but would like to hear other ideas about aircraft and air defense. :)

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 09:37:42 AM »
my idea is that air abilitys(ie. strafe) are some of the most controversial things in the game and we dont need to add more.
Soviet is OP

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
my idea is that air abilitys(ie. strafe) are some of the most controversial things in the game and we dont need to add more.

+1
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »
they said they would not change the vanilla thing , but in my opinion, they have done this by giving new reward units for all teams.

Reward Units doesn't change the vanilla settings because they are designed for be different units but with the same role.

For example, take the KV-2 and the SU-122:

KV-2: big, slow, pretty good armor, expensive, a damnd badass for any Axis infantry blob and quite good also against tanks, but essentially an anti-infantry tank.
It doesn't fire AP rounds but HE.

SU-122: cheaper than KV-2, worst armor than KV-2 but faster and with an higher fire rate.
As KV-2 it fires HE instead AP, so good against infantry and blobs but not against heavy tanks.

As you can see the role is the same.

Another example:

Look at te Flak 88 and the Nashorn, or the Hetzer and JagdPz IV.

Different unit but same role.

Introducing a new air support change radically a faction, it's like to put a call-in tank in Airborne US doctrine.
At the end, i hope that you can understand, no way for Halifax Bomber.

Offline mads

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
Decoy Artillery and halifax will also provide the same support. halifax is slower and slower than Decoy Artillery, halifax is also more expensive but also more powerful. both can be used to kill the enemy when you need extra support. halifax fills the same support as Decoy Artillery just in a different way. then it is up to each player whether you want Decoy Artillery quickly and inexpensively, or halifax bomber expensive and powerful.
same same.

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 11:33:05 PM »
OMG...when people won't undestand.

I don't wanna throw away other posts for you so I'll say only one thing:
If you ready the other posts (except your) in this topic the answer is

NO!!!!!!!!!!

A Mod Balancer said NO, so what do you need again? Nothing, because there's nothing to discuss.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:34:59 PM by Moonwalker »