Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.4] Game crashes/freezes - Post here  (Read 38021 times)

Offline jujubean

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: [1.4] Game crashes/freezes - Post here
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:43 PM »
Ditto.

Offline ravingcandy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Game freezes
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2011, 06:46:59 PM »
I've tried to check if anyone is experiencing the same freeze as I am, and I havn't been able to find any mention of it:
The game doesn't crash, it just freezes, doesn't matter what faction/map I play, when I start the game, it loads halfway, freezes for a while, then a little while later it will load the rest.
Then, as soon as you get out of the loading screen to the actual game, it just freezes. I can move the camera around fine, click on units/buildings, command trees, but otherwise the actual game is just frozen.
It's just like when you play online, and someone turns of their connection, it freezes in the same sort of way; you can click on units and stuff, but the game itself has paused.
Nothing else happens, it doesn't crash or anything. I've tried to play online with one of my friends, and it kept on asking me to kick him and vice versa.
I've uploaded a screenshot with this post.

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
It's the map Leningrad and it's bugged at the moment. Already fixed will be included in the next patch I think.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline ravingcandy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:50 PM »
Wow, I had no idea.
My friend was probably screwing with me when he said his was just fine.
Damnit.
But thank you anyway.

Offline tintin2

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
Always the same, reliccoh crash report after games craches.
Patch 2.602 EF 1.40 full download
W7 x64

I was playing bastogne, (not a EF map) but that does not matter
It crashes with any map.

Offline Dapperdawg

• Ingenery
  • Half Scottish Half German :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
my game crashes everytime I click on a unit at  the start of the game  >:( (if there is a topic on how to solve this I haven't found one)
Remember all who fought in the world wars, even the axis soldiers after all they were humans too...

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »
my game crashes everytime I click on a unit at  the start of the game  >:( (if there is a topic on how to solve this I haven't found one)
That means you're either:

• Playing EF 1.40 with 2.601
  • Playing EF 1.31 with 2.602
  • Playing EF over Steam CoH BETA-2.602 version.
  • EF files were screwed.

There are a lot of posts about that since 1.40 went live. Check if you are running CoH 2.602 and EF 1.40. Other combinations are not gonna work.

If you already did this, uninstall and check that Eastern_Front folder is removed. Reinstall it and if continues crashing post the necessary files mentioned at OP. But the most probably reason of your crash is due to using and unsupported version.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline BDNeon

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 04:20:20 AM »
What does it mean if we posted a crash report and never got any official feedback on this thread? Does it mean we didn't submit it right, or that you guys just couldn't figure it out?

Offline Copernicus

• Developer
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2011, 12:06:38 AM »
It means the error is too obscure to have any chance of being fixed w/o any PDB file/sources in acceptable amount of time.

Offline TMC1004

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »
my game crashes after i click an ingeniery 10 secs into the game.
what happened?

COH TOV patch 2.602
EF version 1.4

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2011, 05:31:28 PM »
my game crashes after i click an ingeniery 10 secs into the game.
what happened?

COH TOV patch 2.602
EF version 1.4

Uninstall EF and check that Eastern_Front folder, factionfix.dll and luaconstants.dll files were deleted.

Then reinstall EF 1.40.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline deffypoo

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2011, 02:22:28 AM »
So i have 2.602 installed, and the 1.40 of EF installed. I can play campaign fine, but when i do a skirm, it loads the map to about 75% and just stops. after a few minutes, the game shuts down.

i play soviet + brit vs Pe + Pe

map was point du hoc. annihilation, fixed points, and normal resources.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2011, 02:29:21 AM »
So i have 2.602 installed, and the 1.40 of EF installed. I can play campaign fine, but when i do a skirm, it loads the map to about 75% and just stops. after a few minutes, the game shuts down.

i play soviet + brit vs Pe + Pe

map was point du hoc. annihilation, fixed points, and normal resources.
Can you upload the files cited in the OP?? If your pc doesn't generate those files try increasing your virtual memory. You can try these advices:

http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=1677.msg56631#msg56631
Mors Indecepta

Offline ZenAgain

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »
Map: The Scheldt (locked positions, 1000vp, high resource)
Players: 1, 2 and 3 were hard Soviet AI; 4 was hard Wher, 5 was hard P.E. and I was Wher in 6
The game had been going on for less than 10 minutes, 20-10 seconds before the crash I reinforced a mg squad and then sent them an order to move to the northeast edge of my base. 10-1 seconds before the crash I moved my camera to watch another mg squad move up to a bunker I had build on the tiny island. The island was being attacked by Conscripts and Command Squads and I then ordered the mg squad inside the bunker. I noticed the Soviets had repaired the northern bridge and just sent their first squads across. I moved my camera to see what type of units were coming across the bridge (about 4 Ingenery, 2 or 3 Conscripts and one Strelky were all that were visible through the fog of war) and the game immediately crashed.

Computer: Intel e6420, nVidia GTS250, 3 gig of RAM and 32-bit Windows Vista.
Game: CoH 2.602 and EF 1.4 All graphics were set to lowest settings with object scarring off.

Offline Mr.ious.Q

• Allied Commander
  • Guard
  • Yeah new upgrades
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2011, 08:51:19 AM »
Uh guys i don't know my problem is concern as crash or window problem. Now i'm using window 7 Ultimate pack, when i ever i start Coh or along with other games like BFBC2 after running for a while about 5-10 or maybe 30-45 minutes it jump out to the desktop but no crash error was reported and i could proceed playing because my game was still on the taskbar. Sometimes when i got back in but still be removed out again. And my comp run the game smoothly with a little bit laggy- all my settings are medium and high. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:53:11 AM by Mr.Q »
Who am i?