Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: EF 2v2 Tournament 2  (Read 56935 times)

Offline Budwise

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: EF 2v2 Tournament 2
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2011, 04:29:16 AM »
Thats the nature of the beast but you gotta go with it anyway.  We have found that 5PM GMT is the best starting time for world wide play and importantly you have to do it on Saturday and/or Sunday.  If you dont and you schedule a game between someone in the US and someone in Australia its never going to happen anyway.  You absolutely must set a time and stick with it.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2011, 04:41:12 AM »
[...]
Now, I need a rundown of who will NOT be participating now. Is it just zuzundra that won't be playing?

Sorry for the late patch guys. I was very sick yesterday so I couldn't hurry things along and it seems like the other guys dragged their feet a little. I need opinions on whether round 1 deadline should be pushed back to midnight Saturday.

Edited by bishop
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:00:33 AM by blackbishop »
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline SonnyBlack

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2011, 06:32:55 AM »
Opponents can add me at Xfire : 577SonnyBlack or Steam : SB_SonnyBlack

Offline Budwise

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2011, 06:50:55 AM »
It was vs Killer, and we both rofld several times at a few moments and abilities he used. xD

Let me put it this way, I played Russians first and didnt even know about the sniper changes among others so i was running around not knowing wtf to do.  I didnt pick a doc til the last 2-3 minutes as I didnt need one and I won very easily.

He then went Russians and used every ability to its extent and it went down to the final 50VP's for both of us and I finally gave up to the hoard that was unsuppressable/unkillable infantry that could kill my bunkers/tanks/88s/infantry with ease vs everything the defensive doc has.

I didnt save the replays, he might of i dunno.

Chancellor

« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2011, 07:05:06 AM »
It was vs Killer, and we both rofld several times at a few moments and abilities he used. xD

Let me put it this way, I played Russians first and didnt even know about the sniper changes among others so i was running around not knowing wtf to do.  I didnt pick a doc til the last 2-3 minutes as I didnt need one and I won very easily.

He then went Russians and used every ability to its extent and it went down to the final 50VP's for both of us and I finally gave up to the hoard that was unsuppressable/unkillable infantry that could kill my bunkers/tanks/88s/infantry with ease vs everything the defensive doc has.

I didnt save the replays, he might of i dunno.

Perhaps you can play a friendly match with Dennis?  I'm sure you two can talk about your balance concerns over a 1v1 in a respectful way.  Maybe you can try to use those said OP tactics on Dennis when he plays Axis, for example, and show him how its so OP, and you two can discuss it like pals.    :)

Offline Mr.ious.Q

• Allied Commander
  • Guard
  • Yeah new upgrades
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »
Guys when do you guys often online ? Just have a match with Dennis and Yauz but after that can't find an EF room.
Who am i?

Offline Zuzundra

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2011, 09:28:27 AM »
why me? guys....i mixed up dates....all is ok and i am ready for fight =)))

Killar

« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »
why me? guys....i mixed up dates....all is ok and i am ready for fight =)))

Because you said you will rather drink with your mates than hold your promise.

Offline systemlord1701

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2011, 12:01:45 PM »
we have to forfeit because we cannot make the only time our opponents wanted to play. a midnight start is imo unreasonable.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
Clearly there's some issues here with people's arrangements. Also, the patch is STILL yet to be released so we have no choice but to postpone for a day or week. Need votes now, are we to delay for 1 day or 1 week?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:21:55 PM by GodlikeDennis »
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2011, 12:37:24 PM »
Why don't we postpone a full week. Due to abandonment issues and the patch not released it's causing confusion.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Spieel

• Guard
  • It is I, Spieel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »
I'm good either way, but a week may give us more time to sort out the
brackets, make sure of who wants to participate, and who can't anymore.
Maybe make everyone sign up again?

Killar

« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »
Suggestions:

2) No set time - This rarely ever works, in other words expect 50% of the games not to be played.  You need to set a time and have a "check in" system for a tourny this small.  Dont make the brackets until everyone who is going to play is present if possible.  Then make the brackets (only takes 2 minutes) and let everyone start.  If people want to play more games then make it double elim or group stages.
3) Never schedule a tourny during patch time.  Obviously shit can break.

Bring the patch out a full week before the date of the tourney. Set it at Saturday or Sunday. Release it on gr forums in the NEWS section and in the TOURNEY section.

Meeting on Mumble at Saturday or Sunday 5pm GMT. If you don´t have a mic it doesn´t matter. You can still write on the chat. Then make the brackets and play.

If you want to take part in the tourney you can download and install this little mumble tool. Takes only 5 mins ;)

Offline vonklaus

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2011, 01:44:48 PM »
I can't play next weekend  :-\

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 02, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
Why don't we postpone a full week. Due to abandonment issues and the patch not released it's causing confusion.

I'm all for that.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa