Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Europe War: Company of Heroes: Eastern Fronts OB  (Read 25824 times)

pariah

Re: Europe War: Company of Heroes: Eastern Fronts OB
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
Wait, so... What exactly is the prize?
- Prize: U$ 15,00 game on steam (we are receiving donations)
I don't understand that... ???

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 07:38:53 PM »
I don't understand that... ???

I assume it's 15$ to spend on Steam.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Killar

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »
Which maps will be used for a territorial fight? f.e. for moscow its the 1vs1 moscow map, right?

Offline IEatBolsheviks

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »
Amazing community. Post replays please and keep the map updated :D.

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
I think we need to make a own map with own territories.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 04:30:33 AM »
People thanks for the praising! :D

The map is based on real life 1944 map of Europe, including territorial changes (like Germany territory going over Poland and Checoslovak) and city names. I made a great research about this. City locations may be a little changed (milimeters), but is almost all ok.

Every map square is one map the 2 enemies are fighting in? When true, where are those maps??

Yes, but there are repeated maps because there is no suficiente quality maps for current 185 territories (future versions will have more territories!!) the map list can be seen here:

http://cohew.forumeiros.com/t6-mapa-situacional-do-confronto-atualizado-dia-11-02-2011

Portugal was technically Neutral during WWII. Lisbon was an espionage center for both sides. The USA had air presence in the Azores which iirc was Portugese but; I'm not sure how that would affect neutrality.

Brasil on the other hand fought with the Allies in Italy.

Absolutelly correct.

People, the main reason that in this first version of EW, we will only alow portuguese speaking players its because all rules/forum/texts/guides are in portuguese, as my english is very bad. But you can expect EW opened to all English speaking players on future versions, maybe on second!!! This first version will be a "debut", them it make easier if we only allow portuguese players, because comunity feedback. My idea always was to be opened to all players arround the world, them expect that in future versions.

I don't understand that...

I personally donated U$ 15,00, but all other donations will be converted in prizes for participants. I will raffle the prize (or prizes, if we have more donations) between participants of winning team. Winners can choose a steam game of U$ 15,00.

Which maps will be used for a territorial fight? f.e. for moscow its the 1vs1 moscow map, right?

Yes. The first parameter to make the map list was: real map names -> CoH map name. Moscow territory will be figth on [EF]Moscow (2), Lorraine territory will be figth on Lorraine (4). But may be other territories with the same maps.

Amazing community. Post replays please and keep the map updated .

Thanks pal, the tournament subscription go until 3 July. Them teams will have 2 weeks to organize themselves and training. The first round will start in 17 July.

I think we need to make a own map with own territories.

Did you say dedicated CoH maps? Yeah would be very nice, I thinked about it, but its humanly impossible because time/real life :-\. Actoally we have 185 territories.

I took about 7 months for planning and make all the thing as it as.

Offline Dominic 'Dragon' Cassidy

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »
English updated, and posted on main ;)
Keep up the great work.

Cassidy Motto -> Frangas non flectes.....You can break me, but I'll never bend.

Offline Troynl

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
MUSSST play, but I fear I can't.

Cursed NAT problem  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 12:26:28 AM »
Thank you very much Dragon93.   ;D

Hey, I writed some time ago a post on Relic Foruns about NAT problem. Its pretty easy to fix:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?145905-quot-Could-not-connect-to-all-players-quot-error

Ironically, I posted to see if anyone had a fix about the problem. But no one managed to solve, then I talked by phone with D-Link technicians and after some research I managed to find the solution. The solution can be used to solve the same NAT problem with other modens models/brands.

Admins: feel free to copy topic content to this forum, as I visit EF forum more frequently than Relic and can give a suport some time or another.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 07:38:29 AM »
This in English would be epic! the idea is great. How do you show the progresses? Do have a tool or flash animation which changes country colour when changing the owner or how does it work?

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 05:44:49 PM »
You all can look forward for next version being in english, opened to all language players. The progress will be show in the map in this link:

http://cohew.forumeiros.com/t6-mapa-situacional-do-confronto-atualizado-dia-11-02-2011

As check-in is currently underway, the map is in "zero" state. As the tournament begins, each Army Leader will place its players under predetermined territories (there will be a degree of freedom to do that, respecting historical limitations), them the map colors will change acordingly.

Ah!! I wanted so much to have a flash map exactly as you discribed dArCReAvEr, but can't find no flash progammer willing to do that  :-\. But would be GREAT!!!

Post Merge: June 17, 2011, 12:47:08 AM
U$ 46,00 on prizes (in brazilian R$) atm and going up.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:47:08 AM by SuperSoca »

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 02:16:23 PM »
As Axis and Allies struggle each other for the victory on Europe and Soviet Union, the war is going on.

On the first round of the conflict, Axis took a hard punch. Axis team was a bit "lost" and lose too many matches, particulary on Italy/South France. Beside that, on the Eastern Front, the Soviet comander don't send the orders to divisions before the time gone off, then all divisions remained static, just defending themselves.

But now in the Round 2 that ended today, we got some amazing matches. One of the best was the "Delmar77 vs Vitor P." on St. Mere Dummont, in a figth for the Vyatka. Delmar77 is from Wehrmacht army and is a 8 lvl 1v1 automatch player trained so much for the tournament, that can hold and almost win over Vitor P., a lvl 12 (US) player that is playing in the Soviet army.

Another very nice and high level match was the one between Cebi and sgtyoda. Cebi is a LvL 16-17 1v1 automatch player and sgtyoda is a LvL 16 1v1 automatch player. I recomend that all players that like EF Mod watch this replays. Cebi was playing Panzer Lehr army (PE) and sgtyoda was playing Soviets. They are figthing for Tartu territory, on Soviet Union, that now is under Axis control.

The replay packs links is below:

1. Primeira Rodada

2. Segunda Rodada

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »
@SuperSoca
Wow :o!!! Congratulations ;D!! You got a pm by the way.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 07:19:40 PM »
Nice map! When the next patch is released I hope we can do an english version :D I might have an Italian map done by then.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 07:27:33 PM »
Nice map! When the next patch is released I hope we can do an english version :D I might have an Italian map done by then.

Monte Cassino should be done then, too. :)

@SuperSoca: Your tourney is awesome, I'm eagerly awaiting an English version too! :D

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa