Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Veterancy for PE  (Read 13463 times)

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
Re: Veterancy for PE
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »
Yeah off vet for mortars or hummel dont seem to help. I get it anywho

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »
I have started to use strictly off vet on AC's and Scout cars. It makes a noticible difference in performance.

I normally go 2 def and one off vet on infantry HTs.

Reconsider going to 2 or three off vet for Tankbusters. there is a significant amount of damage to be inflicted with PE shreks. even more if you can pick up Wehr shreks for PE.
You might try working out a tactic for using tankbusters from infantery HTs. They have a better chance of getting up close and personal that way. the stagger effect for tankbusters on foot is troublesome but they can fire from a moving HT with no penalty AFAIK.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 02:24:33 AM »
For the G43 squads go offense all the way.  They are the best infantry unit and can beat even vet3 riflemen charging or not.  You will be impressed how easily 3/4 of their shots always hit and kill retreating squads.  They fire so freaking fast too and shots actually hit 90% of the time if stationary, you may think stg44 is better than g43 but when you get vet for both and you choose offensive for g43 and def for stg44 g43 is a lot better and even similar dps, but vet 3 g43 squad does as much as much damage as stg44 but at all ranges.  Even vet 2 offensive falls with their fg42 is not as power full as the g43 pg with vet 3 offensive vet.  If they have 4 man squad and 2 bar riflemen charge the g43 Pgs win (ridiculous right?).  Don't be surprised when late game if they have 40+ kills when they have triple offensive vet.  All vehicles defensive all the way except maybe AC depending on micro.  Bottom line is to get g43s for all your squads vs Americans and snipe away at those pesky riflemen because vet 3 offensive g43 > vet 3 def/offensive stg44 Pgs.  But vanilla g43 with no vet < stg44 pg no vet.  The g43 vet 3 also have a tendency to insta kill snipers at any range.  Heck I even had a single g43 vet 3 squad hide in a building and started raping the I upgraded m8 armored car!  In worldbuilder I also had a single entity g43 vet 3 kill 3 jeeps when it was in green cover.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:36:10 AM by 132 »
My personal favorite

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
For the G43 squads go offense all the way.  They are the best infantry unit and can beat even vet3 riflemen charging or not.  You will be impressed how easily 3/4 of their shots always hit and kill retreating squads.  They fire so freaking fast too and shots actually hit 90% of the time if stationary, you may think stg44 is better than g43 but when you get vet for both and you choose offensive for g43 and def for stg44 g43 is a lot better and even similar dps, but vet 3 g43 squad does as much as much damage as stg44 but at all ranges.  Even vet 2 offensive falls with their fg42 is not as power full as the g43 pg with vet 3 offensive vet.  If they have 4 man squad and 2 bar riflemen charge the g43 Pgs win (ridiculous right?).  Don't be surprised when late game if they have 40+ kills when they have triple offensive vet.  All vehicles defensive all the way except maybe AC depending on micro.  Bottom line is to get g43s for all your squads vs Americans and snipe away at those pesky riflemen because vet 3 offensive g43 > vet 3 def/offensive stg44 Pgs.  But vanilla g43 with no vet < stg44 pg no vet.  The g43 vet 3 also have a tendency to insta kill snipers at any range.  Heck I even had a single g43 vet 3 squad hide in a building and started raping the I upgraded m8 armored car!  In worldbuilder I also had a single entity g43 vet 3 kill 3 jeeps when it was in green cover.

Well just hope your enemy doesn't strafe your off vet pgrens :P triple def vet makes your troops much harder to kill and reduces the chance to be hit by arty / special abilities like strafe.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »
Just fill them in Halftracks, Problem solved.
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline Riggsman

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »
Don't blob them ;)

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 04:15:26 AM »
As suggested off vet3 Gr43s are a potent brew, as are Def vet3 ST44s. darcreaver has a good point with his def vet surviabilty argument. What do you'all think of Def/Off/Off for gr43s and Off/Def/Def for St44s?
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
As suggested off vet3 Gr43s are a potent brew, as are Def vet3 ST44s. darcreaver has a good point with his def vet surviabilty argument. What do you'all think of Def/Off/Off for gr43s and Off/Def/Def for St44s?
To be honest, I would go for G43 all offensive and STG44 defensive.  I have a feeling that if you include any number of Def on G43s if they are vet 3 I think they will loose to Vet3 BAR Riflemen, vice versa with STG44s.

Edit: I just played a game as PE.  I had 5 vet 2-3 offensive G43 PGs and when a skirted M8 rushed in it started getting its ass kicked by the G43s as if it were a jeep.  No really, vet 3 offensive G43 PGs pretty much turn into antitank rifles (against anything but tanks).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:55:18 AM by 132 »
My personal favorite