Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Do you like Mustard or Ketchup on your Tiger Berger?  (Read 14574 times)

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like Mustard or Ketchup on your Tiger Berger?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 12:27:20 AM »
next to its former enemy but now boyfriend the King Tiger. ;)

WTF Sommarkatze? XD. Imagine, KT, IS3, Pershing, Firefly, Nashorn, and Jagdtiger all on same side :P. All-Star team ;D

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 12:30:27 AM »
1) That is not possible. Codewise the wreck belongs to the owner of the unit and that cannot be changed. The Bergetiger has never been able to recover allied vehicles and claim ownership for them. Allies vehicles(in vCoH) have not been recoverable to begin with ;).

2) Bergetiger only resurrects axis vehicles and not allies because only the formers are set up to have such function, soviet vehicles used have that feature however was removed a while ago, so you can't resurrect any allied vehicle, and if you can it is a bug.

Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 12:38:02 AM »
next to its former enemy but now boyfriend the King Tiger. ;)

WTF Sommarkatze? XD. Imagine, KT, IS3, Pershing, Firefly, Nashorn, and Jagdtiger all on same side :P. All-Star team ;D

Well here in Sweden if you beat up somebody, Well they are your partner!

no. its a joke. Not at all XD

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline jonarus_drakus

• Strelky
  • MG42: 1200 rounds of fun for the whole family!
    • View Profile
    • Mediterranean Mod Sub-forum
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »
The thread-o-mancer strikes :P

But anyway, I love the Berge, it let me do this:

(Note, there is one 'allied' panther there too, so kind of it to line up with mine to make the picture even more awesome!)

~JD
~ MedMod Dev

Offline Trooper425

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
What ought to be done (and I hope CoH2 is doing it this way) is that repairing a wreck should create an unoccupied vehicle. You then have to build a "vehicle crew" of 3 men to come in and crew it again. This way you CAN recrew enemy vehicles, but it would open up the option for both sides to do so. (hint hint CoH2?)
The wise general learns from the deaths of others.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 10:34:43 PM »
I like the idea of vet crews. Bail your tank and retain veterancy

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Trooper425

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 11:52:33 PM »
^me gusta^ Damn, now the chances of CoH2's "recrewing vehicles" satisfying me will be slim to none.
The wise general learns from the deaths of others.

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2012, 02:04:35 AM »
I Wouldn't be to pessimistic about the vets recrewing "White Vehicles" in CoH2 They set the groundwork with ToV and EF_ers noticed the JagdPanther Tiger crew "bug" some time ago. Right now I don't know how to make the system work, (I've fooled around with it though), but if white Vehicles are defined as Syncronous weapons and the crews are made capture crews it might be doable in CoH now.

I would really like to see the FAMO with a vehicle recovery ability in OH but bishop thinks it would not be recieved well. too bad. PE's Bergetiger is fun but it is a wasteof a perfectly good TigerTank, IMO.

@jonaus_drakus. Nice picture butsomewhat confusing. An allied Panther? I am under the impression that recovered vehicles revert to the original faction. Did I misunderstand what you were saying?
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline EasyCalic

• Allied Commander
  • Strelky
  • Profesional slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 02:28:34 AM »
(Note, there is one 'allied' panther there too, so kind of it to line up with mine to make the picture even more awesome!)

~JD

It says right there that his ally aligned the tank himself, my respected Otto man.

Offline lukeski

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 11:52:57 PM »
The berge can be extremely good in certain situations. It especially shines in team games or when you have Panthers, Hummels or a Jagdpanther. Don't even try to rebuild units on the front line. Rather, keep your berge back so he doesn't know you even have one and only rebuild out of his LoS. If you do that, he won't know to destroy the wrecks. If you do want to recover something on the front line, do a massive push combined with a henschel or something to force him back while you do the repairs. Repairing under fire is just an easy way to make an expensive scrap heap. Used properly, the berge can win games.

I agree with Godlike Dennis.  The Berge's utility is indeed only suited for a specific niche behind the front lines and is best kept out of the enemy los.  It can be worth it as it can save a lot of resources when you are using Panthers and have lost them as opposed to rebuilding new tanks.  Useless in combat situations and really only useful if you control most of the map. 

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 02:04:49 AM »
I'll make 3 Bergertigers supporting my 2 PBG and use them as a meat shield ;D
I never thought about using it that way.  Very tough piece of metal and you can repair in battle, thought IMMEDIATLY cancel when your up against enemy armor, AT guns.  Also one thing, a 57mm AT gun that uses AP rounds vs repairing Bergertigers ends very badly for the tiger.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:07:58 AM by 132 »
My personal favorite