Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: LOS and elevation  (Read 4740 times)

Offline Charliedog123

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
LOS and elevation
« on: August 15, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Just a question if elevation effects LOS i.e. if on a hill or in a valley - does the LOS decrease or increase or remain the same irrespective?

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
Re: LOS and elevation
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 03:04:51 PM »
Just a question if elevation effects LOS i.e. if on a hill or in a valley - does the LOS decrease or increase or remain the same irrespective?

It remains the same.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline FOXYJAGER

• Strelky
  • Sgt Reznov"I think the Riechstag needs remodeling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:11:58 PM »
Srry for using this topic to ask this Q.I'm confused about the next patch because blackbishop said that the new patch is close to release in a topic when  i asked if  ostheer would be released soon and someone said not for a couple months so really what I'm trying to ask is that there will be a patch before ostheer comes out right?
This game is balanced in everyway. Every Army has its strengths and weaknesses and you use your strengths to attack the enemy's weakness. If both players know this,than it turns into a game of skill.
-FOXYJAGER

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
Srry for using this topic to ask this Q.I'm confused about the next patch because blackbishop said that the new patch is close to release in a topic when  i asked if  ostheer would be released soon and someone said not for a couple months so really what I'm trying to ask is that there will be a patch before ostheer comes out right?

Correct.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »
The next patch will be 1.5 and will not contain the Ostheer but will contain extensive changes and improvements to the Russian factions in both design and balance. You can probably expect this patch within 604.8 x 109 microseconds.

The Ostheer are still being designed and implemented by the devs. Even the balance team hasn't gotten to see or touch them yet but we're not too far off. They are many months away yet for public release but progress isn't going too bad.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:42:56 PM by GodlikeDennis »
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline FOXYJAGER

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 07:35:59 PM »
Thx I can't wait to get home and update EF.Is the changelog up yet because I want to see if u guys fixed zis enplacment because it attacks tanks on site for me but not Inf u have to tell it to attack them and this would be great because I have taken out a whole Volks squad with that gun but if I didnt tell it to It would have sat there and got shot at.
This game is balanced in everyway. Every Army has its strengths and weaknesses and you use your strengths to attack the enemy's weakness. If both players know this,than it turns into a game of skill.
-FOXYJAGER

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 07:39:47 PM »
604.8 x 109 milliseconds.

Someone calculate it for me please.  ;D

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »
604.8 x 109 milliseconds.

Someone calculate it for me please.  ;D

19,17 years or 233,33.. months or 1000 weeks or 7000 days or 168000 hours or 10080000 minutes or 604800000 seconds.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:47:36 PM by MaxiKing6 »

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 07:46:50 PM »
:P

I made a slight typo that sent the calculation off by several orders of magnitude. It's been corrected :D

There is no final changelog yet. Our internal changelog has to be cross-checked for errors and such before being revealed to you guys. Just know that the ZiS-3 is no longer with us...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:48:38 PM by GodlikeDennis »

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »
:P

I made a slight typo that sent the calculation off by several orders of magnitude. It's been corrected :D

Ah, one week!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
OUR CALCULATORS CAN'T HANDLE ERRORS OF THAT MAGNITUDE!!

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »
OUR CALCULATORS CAN'T HANDLE ERRORS OF THAT MAGNITUDE!!

;D

Offline Tico_1990

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 07:52:18 PM »
Does elevation increase range though? Can a morter or a howitzer on a hill fire farther then one on flat land?

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
Does elevation increase range though? Can a morter or a howitzer on a hill fire farther then one on flat land?

No.  :)

Offline FOXYJAGER

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »
NOOOOOOOO! THE Zis Gun was my favorite enplacment that I never used more than once!!!!!!!!
-FOXYJAGER