Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: The best unit?  (Read 7449 times)

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
Re: The best unit?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »

I guess I set something in motion here.. :P

Seriously, I have to agree with Cranial and Yauz. Either Grenadiers or Stormtroopers at Vet2/3 are my choice for the best unit ingame.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »

I guess I set something in motion here.. :P

Seriously, I have to agree with Cranial and Yauz. Either Grenadiers or Stormtroopers at Vet2/3 are my choice for the best unit ingame.
Hear Hear

(un)official forum troll

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 02:52:30 PM »
Grenadiers and Stormtroopers with 3 vet, no one can kill them >:D.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 12:19:56 AM »

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 12:30:03 AM »
hey, you just have to use crome and install the thing. see? :yuno: :megusta: :fapfapfap: :why: :clevergirl:

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Chancellor

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 01:11:53 AM »
Storms / Airborne / Rangers cost more manpower initially AND reenforce-wise than Grenadiers.  They also have higher upkeep.

Grenadiers feed the medic bunker the best.  If you lose a 45 reenforce Ranger, all you're going to get back is a 27 reenforce vet 0 rifleman.  Vet 3 riflemen can also feed the med bunkers, provided you don't lose whole squads, but by the time you get 6 bodies, the game's probably over.  With Grenadiers, you're getting 100% and more for every wounded Gren that gets sent to the bunker.  The most you will get from a USA medic bunker is a vet 0 BAR rifleman squad, while the most you can get from a Wehrmacht bunker is a vet 3 Grenadier squad, which is stronger.

Combat stats-wise, vet 3 BAR Riflemen/ Thompson Rangers are stronger than Grenadiers, but they all need weapons upgrades to even compete with vetted Grens, and Riflemen / Ranger vet is not guaranteed on every unit by a long shot, while Grenadier vet is universal.  And if you are also able to give your Grens a few LMG34s of their own, shit just got real.

Really, the only infantry blob a Grenadier blob needs to fear is the 3 LT Brit blob.  But Brits R Hax, so they don't count.  :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:20:43 AM by Yauz »

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 01:43:29 AM »
What about arty? That gets rid of grenadiers fast  :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Chancellor

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 02:06:01 AM »
lol no.  I think I've feared in-game arty 5-6 times at most the whole time I've played CoH.  Maybe its more deadly on retarded noob maps like Leningrad, but I woudn't know...  I've been Grenspamming for almost the whole time I've been playing CoH (I was a noob Storms spammer before), and believe me, after becoming adept with those fuckers, as an infantry commander, you will also learn to dodge artillery pretty well.  If anything strafe does the job 200x better, and even then vet 3 and a med bunker will still block out most of the damage, provided the medics don't die.  I laugh at the USA 105 and the Brit 25 pounder.  The Russian arty is a bitch, but its still never enough to scare me.  Only time the situation becomes worrisome is a kangaroo base rush with my infantry at my base, followed by the fucking LT 2-second arty.  No one can beat that abuse.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:18:52 AM by Yauz »

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 02:44:15 AM »
Can Lt call arty while still in the kangaroo? Never tried it :P

And I rarley see kangaroos anymore :P. They just aren't lovable anymore ;D

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Jono

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 03:48:29 AM »
good kangaroos are a pain in the ass they slauter your tanks with there piats without them being able to fight back coz bren guns

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 04:38:23 AM »
lol no.  I think I've feared in-game arty 5-6 times at most the whole time I've played CoH.  Maybe its more deadly on retarded noob maps like Leningrad, but I woudn't know...  I've been Grenspamming for almost the whole time I've been playing CoH (I was a noob Storms spammer before), and believe me, after becoming adept with those fuckers, as an infantry commander, you will also learn to dodge artillery pretty well.  If anything strafe does the job 200x better, and even then vet 3 and a med bunker will still block out most of the damage, provided the medics don't die.  I laugh at the USA 105 and the Brit 25 pounder.  The Russian arty is a bitch, but its still never enough to scare me.  Only time the situation becomes worrisome is a kangaroo base rush with my infantry at my base, followed by the fucking LT 2-second arty.  No one can beat that abuse.

yauz, the way you talk makes you sound like a beast. as for an arty unit being the best in the game, while it might be essential to a good and balanced game, it definitely is not versatile at all.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Chancellor

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 05:26:30 AM »
yauz, the way you talk makes you sound like a beast.

heheh...self propelled rocket artillery can still fuck me up a bit though, and on that note, Calliope / Katyusha are pretty good units themselves; 100x more so than non-rocket arty like the 105, 25 lber, the Hummel and the Priest.

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 07:41:39 AM »
What's wrong with the hummel?
(un)official forum troll

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 07:45:21 AM »
it's basically 25 pdr on PzIV chasis with no mg to defend it. Also Yauz and other players know, that the best arty is the one that is precise ( or covers a lot of ground simoutaneously) and packs a lot of damage - like calliope. That's why calli is often game changer - one salvo and enemy blob is decimated.