Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Sublime EF Shoutcasts & Replaypacks  (Read 58705 times)

Offline mads

• Strelky
  • quite honestly who in their right mind would repla
    • View Profile
Re: Sublime Shoutcasts
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »
Nice Review ;D
There is only 2 problems with your review.

First turn off the fog of war. And let the one commentator follow the other player.

Second then there are problems with the sound. I run with 5.1 surround and I do not know if it has anything to do with the problem, but I do not think it has.
The problem is that every time one of you says something then the music and sound effects goes up and down. It is a little annoying.
Another thing with the sound is that the sound from the game maybe is a little too high, especially the Music.
otherwise the rest is good stuff. :)
Quite honestly who in their right mind would replace a Calliope for a Jumbo?

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • Zeh fucking truck won't lock down! Its OVAH! . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 01:27:30 AM »
Thanks for watching and for your feedback Mads!

We are definately going to turn the sound lower in the next shoutcast so ouer voices can be heard a little bit better :P About the fog of war? We did this because we wantet to follow Neosdark ONLY - as we were in his footsteps. The shoutcast was a review were we wantet to point out Neos mistakes and screwups only from his veiw - to help him.

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 01:40:55 AM »
Little hint to you guys, Snug and Yau: Put on headphones on while recording your shoutcast, stream the games audio and video with fraps and record your voices with a seperate recording software so you can lower/raise the volume of your voices later on and put your recorded voices together with the video when you're done recording. Makes everything easier  ;)

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »
Little hint to you guys, Snug and Yau: Put on headphones on while recording your shoutcast, stream the games audio and video with fraps and record your voices with a seperate recording software so you can lower/raise the volume of your voices later on and put your recorded voices together with the video when you're done recording. Makes everything easier  ;)

Thats sounds like a good idea, we might try that out and see if its better. We basicly did this one 100% live. What software do you suggest we record the audio seperate on then Maxi??

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
Simply press start and type "SoundRecorder", then execute the displayed program. Comes with every Windows version. ;)

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 02:18:38 AM »
Simply press start and type "SoundRecorder", then execute the displayed program. Comes with every Windows version. ;)

If the simple windows sound recorder is good enough we will use it. I was just hopeing you knew a more dedicated and advanced free software  :D

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 02:37:10 AM »
Indeed, I have a more advanced recording software, will look for its name when I'm back behind my screen. ;)

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 07:36:34 AM »
I recorded our video separate from our audio in our cast. That's also how I inserted the little bit about the doctrine choices, bringing up the doctrine box. Did youtube accept your hour long video fine?
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »

Where did you get this motto. The cop looks like my neighborhood beat constable.
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »
Where did you get this motto. The cop looks like my neighborhood beat constable.

We inventet this motto ouerselves, along with a few others :D Its actually a General on the pic  ;)

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 05:13:16 PM »
He looks like an Indian cop.
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
He looks like an Indian cop.

Maybe its the aviators (sunglasses) that makes you think he is a cop. Its a classic among policemen and winners.

Chancellor

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 09:15:04 AM »
Newest shoutcast posted, this time with Glimz too.

The sounds were still way too loud, overlapping our voices sometimes, even after I turned them down to 85% and turned off all faction theme music completely.  I'll adjust them even further down to 60% next time.  The shoutcasts will also include a download link to the replay file of the shoutcasted game for the people would rather watch with default Relic skins / models & sounds.

We're really looking forward to some community replays here guys.  Play some fucking EF and give us something to work with here!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:27:14 AM by Yauz »

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 09:36:39 AM »
Play some fucking EF and give us something to work with here!

Isnt that the problem? ;) If I play any decent EF games I'll send them your way  :D

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »
We're really looking forward to some community replays here guys.  Play some fucking EF and give us something to work with here!

LOL. If you guys really need it, i could play some games in EF. Well, mostly i am in beta/sandbox but i can do exception for you.