Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Help on PE vs American  (Read 2762 times)

Offline bopokippo

• Guard
  • Consider me a Russian supremacist...
    • View Profile
Help on PE vs American
« on: January 06, 2012, 02:09:18 AM »
Yeah just general trouble in this match up. My Grens get killed by mass B.A.R. riflemen and airborne with Recoiless rifles can just come in and wipe the board with my light vehicles. Rangers do the same. So many light halftrack type vehicles for PE. Heavy vehicles get annihilated by a few m1 57mm shots from behind the wall of infantry. Even panzer IV just get immobilized by a sticky bomb. I'm just having trouble in general with this matchup. Americans seem to have dominance a significant period of time and always for me, seem to have the initiative. Also, with a WSC start, a fast sniper supported with engineers kills all my early panzer grens, forcing me to pay a lot in reinforcement costs if I retreat well. MGs lock down the map and armor piercing rounds don't do have a bad job against my halftracks. Rangers, M8s, airborne, m1 57mm don't make it any easier. Mortar halftracks do something but not enough to stop the flow of infantry and anti-tank guns. Any help would be nice!

Offline donthateme

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • The Great War 1918 Mod.
    • View Profile
Re: Help on PE vs American
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:29:55 AM »
Actually, the US-player is normally the one who has serious problems (especially in early game) against PE. Since this is the EF-forum and not an vCoH-forum, you better have a look on gamerreplays.org. There are already a lot of guides for strategys and tactics for PE-USA match-up.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:35:07 AM »
Getting better with that MHT would be a start. It's a game defining unit when used correctly. Against snipers, use a ketty to spot it and use either G43 slow and chase or AT HT on focus fire. BARs are rather ineffective against PE. Focus fire any flamers you see. If he's only using riflemen, you should be able to beat him rather easily with 5-6 squads of G43 PGs. G43 blob with AT HT support is probably the best PE strat vs US.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 06:44:30 AM »
Watching the replay would help :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...