Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: who the best special force/elites?  (Read 27434 times)

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
Re: who the best special force/elites?
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »
My personal elite team are the guys from Sven Hassel's novels :D Joseph Porta, Lıttle John, Barcelona etc. Badass expandable guys who have no fear behınd enemy lınes ( Mostly in Soviet territory besides Finland ).

http://www.svenhassel.net/

Really good books. The one about Monte Cassino is my favorite! However I do hope you know they are all fiction? :> ( no offense just want to check!)

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Riggsman

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
My personal elite team are the guys from Sven Hassel's novels   :D

However I do hope you know they are all fiction? :> ( no offense just want to check!)

That fat smiley up there is your answer mate ; )

Offline Tehcumseh

• Strelky
  • I have extreme nationalism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 02:47:13 AM »
Well this one is a difficult question to answer. There are many possibilities for this question. I know the marines are not special forces but they are quite good at what they do. Take Iwo Jima for instance there were 22000 Japanese there and only 200 lived for thats 20000 Japanese deaths and only 6800 marines died.

Then if were talking modern or right after ww2 then i might have to go with the Israeli Commandos. They are some of the best trained and
very capable of taking on spetznaz or any other special force. The FSJ are good aswell.

Then this is more of a generalization i say Snipers are pretty elite if you're a good enough sniper the only thing that beats you is counter-sniper. If you don't believe me on that then think of the Snipers of Stalingrad. or who i see as the best Sniper in history Simo Hayha.
A Finnish sniper who killed 705 Soviet soldiers in The Winter War(1940)

"I am a crack shot!"
"Heart or head either way Jerry's dead!"
"Don't worry, we're basically bulletproof!!!"

Offline paperboy

• Ingenery
  • papergirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 07:28:18 AM »
The penal forces of SU! Criminals, party enemies, reunite! Forward into mines and machine gun fire so those behind us can safely move up without fear!
the later and former worst, PvtDiddly 2.0

Offline lukeski

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »
A rather obscure special forces/elite unit that fought in the eastern front was the Italian Bersaglieri.  This was a corps of elite light infantry regiments that fought with the Italian 8th army until it was virtually destroyed by the Dom River during the battle of Stalingrad in 1943.  The Italian's played a surprisingly large role in the early years of the this conflict and I find them interesting because they don't get very much attention. 

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2013, 01:18:31 PM »
I cannot recall it quite clearly now, but the Red Army had special unit of engineers trained in destroying enemy hard points. They were armed with body armor, explosives, flamethrowers and shitload of captured panzerfausts (they were using more than 100 a day).