Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Sicilia  (Read 22874 times)

Offline Goober

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Sicilia
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2011, 01:57:10 AM »
Yeah, after a few hours last night I think I finally got the map size to a decent 6 player size. No I just need to stamp areas from my bigger one all night...  :(   

@MaxiKing6: Ha ha! Thanks. When I finally get my map mostly or all filled, I'll post some pics. I defiantly messed up this map's balance with all the size changing, so I will need lots of advice, probably.  ::)
"Stop playing the fool!"

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2012, 02:59:47 PM »
Please tell me that you didn't give this unique project up yet  :-\

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Goober

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »
Yeah, sorry about this ridiculously long wait. I tried putting the map into a smaller area, but it just doesn't work. The way I originally built the map made the balance messed up the first time it was re-sized, and I just don't think  it will be worth it to balance it how it is.  :( I am working on finishing the second sized version of it now. It might be too big though, so... yeah. Hopefully it will run fine though. Don't expect it finished any time soon though. I'm really sorry for how I messed this up. Hopefully if I make another map I will size it better.
"Stop playing the fool!"

Offline Goober

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2012, 02:51:22 AM »
Well, here is a small update after a very long time. I should be able to work on the map some more on this upcoming summer, so hopefully you will see more of these!

If anything here looks out of place or anything, just mention it and I will be sure to change it.

P.S. Those grass clumps next to the jeep tracks aren't staying, don't worry.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:53:49 AM by Goober »
"Stop playing the fool!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2012, 03:57:44 AM »
Excellente  ;)
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline beagletank

• Mapper
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
Wow, great. I really love the mediterranean look of your map.
 :D

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2012, 02:21:40 PM »
Great to see you didn't give it up :D
Molto bene!  ;)
I'd add some craters to the ochard though.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »
Wow, great. I really love the mediterranean look of your map.
 :D

+1  :)

Offline Goober

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2012, 05:25:29 PM »
Thanks!  :D 

@MaxiKing6 I will do something like that eventually, that is currently just a stamp. I will probably clear out alot of that field for a either a VP or a high recourse point.
"Stop playing the fool!"

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »
Nice. So you stamped the map because, if I remember correctly, the map's layout was fucked up after you stamped it the first time - and was still too big?

Offline Goober

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »
Yeah, I tried to re-stamp it after you did, to put it into an even smaller area, but it was just messed up in a bunch of weird ways. Currently it is probably too big, but I'm hoping that it really isn't as big as it looks when it's actually being played. And I am actually probably going to end up putting the other 2 axis bases in that area I was just talking about. I was originally going to put them on the airfield, but that would just be awkward. What I might end up doing is to try having alot of impass areas, like some groves, a lake, etc. just to cut down on size.
"Stop playing the fool!"