Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: List of Units that the Eastern Front will NOT ADD  (Read 24393 times)

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
Re: List of Units that the Eastern Front will NOT ADD
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »
^^ Create new topic, quote/copy-paste anything worthy, delete this one.

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 02:40:41 AM »
or move it :P.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 05:27:38 AM »
TY Bishop, thank you kindly now off to add all the new stuff that needs to be added and changed (and then play Mortal Kombat :D )

Offline Mattdamon07

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »
its being a pussy not adding any ss units for any ww2 game. you didnt say waffen-ss units, they were diifrent than their murderous brothers.....well most of them still just replace the names and symbols anyway
Eviction [WIP]
"What is it !? I am busy Fighting Americans!"- Stormtrooper.

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »
its being a pussy not adding any ss units for any ww2 game. you didnt say waffen-ss units, they were diifrent than their murderous brothers.....well most of them still just replace the names and symbols anyway
All ss were fascists. Fascist ideology is considered criminal till the day. If you had ever read mein kampf you'd get the idea.
All ss regiments, deployed in the eastern front did perform massacres of civilians, and prisoners of war. Even regular german army did that, covering all these atrocious acts by the fact, that SU did not sign the Geneva convention.
Anyway, since NKVD is completely removed from the game, though it never did anything that can be even distantly compared to acts of the fascist reich's armed forces as a whole, and ss formations in particular (it terms of sheer numbers that is), I see absolutely no reason to add ss into the game.

— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
All ss were fascists. Fascist ideology is considered criminal till the day. If you had ever read mein kampf you'd get the idea.
All ss regiments, deployed in the eastern front did perform massacres of civilians, and prisoners of war. Even regular german army did that, covering all these atrocious acts by the fact, that SU did not sign the Geneva convention.
Anyway, since NKVD is completely removed from the game, though it never did anything that can be even distantly compared to acts of the fascist reich's armed forces as a whole, and ss formations in particular (it terms of sheer numbers that is), I see absolutely no reason to add ss into the game.
Even if there would be a NKVD squad in EF (there were ideas for that and i'm not talking about penal troops) a SS named unit will never be on eastern front.

Honestly i don't understand why all this attention to SS-named units, CoH never had such thing; I don't know why you that, if Relic didn't make it, why we should? knowing that we follow a similar criteria than Relic.

If you think that only a "pussy" would not name a unit SS-Whatever squad... oh man how twisted your ideals are.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 07:33:26 PM »
mattdamon, the panzer elite represent the un-named waffen SS in this game so play as them if you love them so much.
Soviet is OP

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »
..or rename the faction, but stop posting insulting posts. That's not nice and I'm totally behind IJoe here (though he shouldn't exaggerate that much ;)). SS units habe nothing to do in this game. BASTA.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »
..or rename the faction, but stop posting insulting posts. That's not nice and I'm totally behind IJoe here (though he shouldn't exaggerate that much ;)). SS units habe nothing to do in this game. BASTA.
Just to finish this off, I'm not exaggerating, rather the opposite:
In three years the reich forces spent on soviet land over 14 millions (!) of soviet civilians were killed (that is a widely accepted count, though I think, the number is times larger), in opposition to just 2 millions of german civilian casualties throughout the entire war, goo half of which were killed during massive allied, especially american, bombing raids. That's not to mention several dozens of millions of soviet people taken into slavery to work in german industry and agriculture. If killing 8 millions jews is a holocost, then what do you call this? - A genocide, I say.

— forever.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
Get over yourselves! this is a fucking RTS game. Not simulation,not a history lesson just a fun computer RTS game

Naming or not naming units as 'SS' or 'NKVD' is an issue? Really? Who gives a fuck?

If you're that crazy about seeing/not seeing specific names in a bloody computer game and feel some sort of weird pride or loath for your CGI troops based on that 'name/looks', then you have alot of issues. Blending game with reality is just crazy, stupid and wrong.

Stop bringing this bullshit debates into our forum

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:40:07 PM by Zerstörer »
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 02:36:06 AM »
Updated.
Mors Indecepta