Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: discuss how does PE against red army efficiently  (Read 4195 times)

Offline joelong

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
discuss how does PE against red army efficiently
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:49:18 AM »
At  high resources starting condition,there's too many sniper,atsniper.from the very beginning....:[

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
Re: discuss how does PE against red army efficiently
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 11:08:39 AM »
At  high resources starting condition,there's too many sniper,atsniper.from the very beginning....:[

There's your problem.

Get scout cars and kill the snipers.
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »
The balance team is looking into this topic already (in standard resources).
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »
Scout Car doesn't do as well as you think :(. THe MG is unfortunatley pretty weak close range (I read this on COH wiki) but needs to get close to detect snipers.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »
Scout Car doesn't do as well as you think :(. THe MG is unfortunatley pretty weak close range (I read this on COH wiki) but needs to get close to detect snipers.
Early vehicles are OP vs Soviets, their units deal very low damage to them while taking a lot of damage in return. The only unit which can actually damage them is the Command Squad and t2/t3 infantry, which comes quite late. Conscripts are much weaker than Riflemen.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
IHTs are better than SCs for snipers, LTs and Cpts too. Your looking at a T2 start though.

If you are playing against the AI you can expect the computer factions to all generate the Same squads early in the game:

If you are Playing PE try a T2/T3 start and get a IHT and 2 ACs ASAP.  If you are playing a T1/T3 start a move order charge by 2-3 4man PG/ST44s will drive off the snipers pretty quickly but you will need 1-2 SCs to keep up with the Sov capping speed. 2 ACs will do the trick nicely but 2 SCs, "Increase Squad Sizes", and 2 ACs eats up a lot of manpower.  If you are dealing with snipers with SCs only  engage using a move order, until you drive them off, pull back and get on with capping. Dealing with Conscripts really requires suppression. IIRC SCs don't have suppression. IHTs do have supression, and with a 3 man squad mounted up  all three rifles can fire on the move.

If you are playing as the Sovs; you can be facing six or seven MGs and 2-3 snipers, all operating in your Front. Making an AC like the BA64 would ease the problem for AI play but is counter to the Design Teams PvP emphasis. Apparently it poses a balance problem in PvP.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 05:58:00 AM by Otto 213 »
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War