Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Sign-In and Discussion Thread  (Read 146443 times)

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Patriotic War-Eastern Front Tournament/Event
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
I'm not a good player either, but if you want we can have some matches against each other so you get used to PVP games :)
Just PM me in case you are willing to accept my offer.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »
I think if there was a way to determined HOW badly you lost compared to a slight lost this would be more interesting. IF you lose completely, then you lose more territory or whatever. If you are slaughtered or leave the game, you lose more. Or you could look at the match's Kills. Either war, it will make the people least inclined to leave the match early as they have a chance to come back as just a slight lost.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »
I think if there was a way to determined HOW badly you lost compared to a slight lost this would be more interesting. IF you lose completely, then you lose more territory or whatever. If you are slaughtered or leave the game, you lose more. Or you could look at the match's Kills. Either war, it will make the people least inclined to leave the match early as they have a chance to come back as just a slight lost.

That doesn't really seem fair. If you have a line of inexperienced players than more professional teams can take advantage of that for quick victory, IE Push them back.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
Will there be matches when like 2 soviet divisions attack one singel german? So there will be a 1vs2 game? I mean. Its upp to the commander of each side how many divisions he want to attack with right? XD
Might be heavy unbalancded but hey, if the german commander doesnt help another division as backup. There is really only one guy to blaim? ;)

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
Will there be matches when like 2 soviet divisions attack one singel german? So there will be a 1vs2 game? I mean. Its upp to the commander of each side how many divisions he want to attack with right? XD
Might be heavy unbalancded but hey, if the german commander doesnt help another division as backup. There is really only one guy to blaim? ;)

I don't think that's the way it'll work. That's extremely unfair to the 1 player and it's obvious whom wins the battle there. It's going to be fun, but being ganged up on isn't fun.

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 01:26:54 PM »
How to decide which players fight against the other ones? Randomly?
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »
Once the map is set up players will speak with high command on how they want to place themselves and what strategies to pursue. It won't be randomly selected, althoight if you join late that could be a consequence.

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »
reporting to the Oberkommando de Whermact, (hope i said that right) will there be pre-games to find out different players seating in the tourney and basically how well they play so that high command (as it were) could decide when to play them?

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »
reporting to the Oberkommando de Whermact, (hope i said that right) will there be pre-games to find out different players seating in the tourney and basically how well they play so that high command (as it were) could decide when to play them?

Well, not officially at least. There will be an organizational phase of most likely a week given so that players can report in and commanders can try to figure out how good some players are as opposed to others.

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
thanks. i appreciate knowing. looking forward to the tourney!

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • Zeh fucking truck won't lock down! Its OVAH! . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2012, 10:47:02 PM »
Would be cool if we can order attacks on some maps/places but the enemy would not know who is attacking where, they would only be told to arrange defenses on the maps that is attacked. This would make it possible to send fake attacks / decoys on some maps to spread out the enemys defenses/players so they wont know where the elite attack will be.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2012, 10:59:16 PM »
Would be cool if we can order attacks on some maps/places but the enemy would not know who is attacking where, they would only be told to arrange defenses on the maps that is attacked. This would make it possible to send fake attacks / decoys on some maps to spread out the enemys defenses/players so they wont know where the elite attack will be.

It sorta over complicates things. Makes it unfair for the weaker players too, because bad guessing would result in steamrolls.

Besides, attack orders will likely be posted early in the week to give many people a chance to attack throughout the week.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2012, 12:19:55 AM »
I think this tourney is more about team vs team rather than interesting and funky tactics so things like:

Would quite honestly be fun but would end up in a "steamroll" as Cranial put simply because inexperienced players will have to fight an opposing team spearheaded by pro players (lets be honest, you know that will happen :P)

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2012, 01:49:34 AM »
Stupid question, but its Annihalation and not cap points right? XD

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2012, 01:51:30 AM »
Hell no man  >:(
PS: Let's play EF, Fish ;D
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.