Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Sign-In and Discussion Thread  (Read 146429 times)

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Patriotic War-Eastern Front Tournament/Event
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2012, 01:53:04 AM »
Fo real? Nawh, count me out guys! I dont role that way!

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Cranialwizard

• Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2012, 02:13:08 AM »
Stupid question, but its Annihalation and not cap points right? XD

No, it will be VP based.

However, all map types will be offered. Maps like Vire River Valley WILL be in the tournament, however not extremely important to the whole campaign.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Chancellor

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »
Would be cool if we can order attacks on some maps/places but the enemy would not know who is attacking where, they would only be told to arrange defenses on the maps that is attacked. This would make it possible to send fake attacks / decoys on some maps to spread out the enemys defenses/players so they wont know where the elite attack will be.

It sorta over complicates things. Makes it unfair for the weaker players too, because bad guessing would result in steamrolls.

Besides, attack orders will likely be posted early in the week to give many people a chance to attack throughout the week.

There is a possibility that if you don't do something like this, then the team with less numbers of good players will get overwhelmed when their teammates fuck up.  If you think about it, less experienced players are going to get owned by more experienced players no matter what, when they inevitably have to fight them.

By being able to give fake attacks and decoys, the team with more noobs would be able to lessen the battle reliance of less experienced commanders while putting them to better use as decoys and what-not, and have the better players be able to take on the hardest blows of the enemy.

Offline Cireva

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
    • The Great War 1918 Mod
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
Stupid question, but its Annihalation and not cap points right? XD

oh god please no annihilation...

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »
Would be cool if we can order attacks on some maps/places but the enemy would not know who is attacking where, they would only be told to arrange defenses on the maps that is attacked. This would make it possible to send fake attacks / decoys on some maps to spread out the enemys defenses/players so they wont know where the elite attack will be.

It sorta over complicates things. Makes it unfair for the weaker players too, because bad guessing would result in steamrolls.

Besides, attack orders will likely be posted early in the week to give many people a chance to attack throughout the week.

There is a possibility that if you don't do something like this, then the team with less numbers of good players will get overwhelmed when their teammates fuck up.  If you think about it, less experienced players are going to get owned by more experienced players no matter what, when they inevitably have to fight them.

By being able to give fake attacks and decoys, the team with more noobs would be able to lessen the battle reliance of less experienced commanders while putting them to better use as decoys and what-not, and have the better players be able to take on the hardest blows of the enemy.

Not neccesarily, if high command and players play their cards right, the "inexperienced" players align themselves in one section for fighting and the more experienced players have another section to fight in.

Also, decoys create headaches for both players and myself, as I have to keep track of who is attacking who on a more discreet level which isn't very feasible. The other thing is that players won't actually know whom they're attacking, so theoretically they won't know whom their opponents are and the players can't organize between each other what day would be a good day to meet up and play.

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • Zeh fucking truck won't lock down! Its OVAH! . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »
Tbh i just think its gonna be the same players fighting against the same players during the whole tourney then. Im certain its just gonna be the best team stomping the weakest team for a safe win over and ovvaa - Or the best teams attacking eachother over and over again. Actually i think your way with ppl knowing who attacks who will cause bigger match making problems because the person who is going to be attacked has to find time to play against the specific oponent and that guy may be in a totally different timezone. With my suggestion the commander  can just take anyone who is avaible and put them into the defence, rather than have to wait for 2 specefic guys to find the time to play against eachother.

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2012, 06:53:01 PM »
or, to even make this more complicated, we could map this all out in the real world. players could have balanced starting positions, dictated by cranial in order to make games equal, and high command could re-arrange players by diverting troops to different positions based on what high/low level player concentrations there were. commanders would only have a certain number on move per turn, and some moves, if extremely long, would take more than one move to get there. this would add to strategic gameplay in the turn based area, as well as more competitive gameplay in the real time gameplay.

EDIT: i can edit a map picture to make this more understandable. (and will shortly)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:54:34 PM by stealthattack1 »

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2012, 06:56:30 PM »
or, to even make this more complicated, we could map this all out in the real world. players could have balanced starting positions, dictated by cranial in order to make games equal, and high command could re-arrange players by diverting troops to different positions based on what high/low level player concentrations there were. commanders would only have a certain number on move per turn, and some moves, if extremely long, would take more than one move to get there. this would add to strategic gameplay in the turn based area, as well as more competitive gameplay in the real time gameplay.

EDIT: i can edit a map picture to make this more understandable. (and will shortly)

It's in my drafted rule book already, but is good to hear someone on the same page :)

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2012, 07:00:31 PM »
oh. well good to know.

As a side note, this seems a lot like that tourney SuperSoca tried last year for Brazilians.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:13:40 PM by stealthattack1 »

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2012, 08:27:03 PM »
oh. well good to know.

As a side note, this seems a lot like that tourney SuperSoca tried last year for Brazilians.

They are similar but with key and vital differences.

Fo real? Nawh, count me out guys! I dont role that way!

So, you're sure you want out? I will remove you if so..

Anyone else got a buddy to sign up for or convince?

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2012, 11:54:39 PM »
I have a idea. Maybe instead of letting all players play on the front at once, its random turn based. So the same commander won't play over and over (we all know the more professional players will be both captains AND always leading the assault). And if there is any imbalance (like me vs a balancer XD) then Cranial can simpky change ppl. And if the same person appears twice then reshuffle :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »
I have a idea. Maybe instead of letting all players play on the front at once, its random turn based. So the same commander won't play over and over (we all know the more professional players will be both captains AND always leading the assault). And if there is any imbalance (like me vs a balancer XD) then Cranial can simpky change ppl. And if the same person appears twice then reshuffle :P

It will be more based on command and less based on me. Simply put, there will be a mix up of the pros and the other players, so everything is sort of spread out and there's not a OMGWTFBBQSAUZ spearhead. There will be switching rules, however that will be in the event that someone is losing consistently in a spot and can not seem to fight back. This is no fun for them, so they have the option to file for a switch with the commanders, where they can ask the professional players of whom wants to switch with such person. There will be a limit on how many switches can be made per turn and how many turns a person must wait until they file for a switch.

It depends how many people join the tournament. At this rate, there will only be 1, maybe 2 high commanders on each side. If there were, say, 50 people to join on each side, there would for sure be 3-5.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »
Im just saying. We both know there are a number of pro players here and perhaps an even larger number of inexperienced players here. That fine. But the high commandeers will place their best players in the most vital spots and will have them typically attacking, with less experienced players in the back or on the defensive with other pro players. Its the truth. We need a system or rule so this doesn't always happen, every week. Maybe limit the number of battles or have a time limit if you exceed a # of battles in one week. I mean I don't mind seeing pros fight pros. That always welcome and a good learning experience. But I dont want to see it EVERY week.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2012, 12:22:22 AM »
Im just saying. We both know there are a number of pro players here and perhaps an even larger number of inexperienced players here. That fine. But the high commandeers will place their best players in the most vital spots and will have them typically attacking, with less experienced players in the back or on the defensive with other pro players. Its the truth. We need a system or rule so this doesn't always happen, every week. Maybe limit the number of battles or have a time limit if you exceed a # of battles in one week. I mean I don't mind seeing pros fight pros. That always welcome and a good learning experience. But I dont want to see it EVERY week.

I understand the concern but I don' think it's fully understood how the tourney will progress yet. More details to be posted of course, and there's a considerable amount of time to change things. Each player will have 1 attack turn when it is his or her team's turn to attack. They may choose to attack a territory (if enemy held) adjacent to them. All types of players will be arranged throughout the map in a fair way, based on where the player would like to be placed and where Command thinks they should be placed. At the beginning of the tourney Commanders of each side will have to submit their version of the map for their side to me for a confirmation, to ensure that all the inexperienced players will be left for defense and the pros for the attack will not happen.

I think you're worrying a bit too much about a subtle things. Commanders won't have as much power as you're crediting them. They are more like advisers for the team, they won't make live or die decisions for the most part.

Just FYI, seems like the tournament can begin on or after May 13th. Signups will probably close before then so maps can be organized. (May 5th-> May 13th I have 7 exams)

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2012, 12:30:19 AM »
I understand the concern but I don' think it's fully understood how the tourney will progress yet. More details to be posted of course, and there's a considerable amount of time to change things.

Just FYI, seems like the tournament can begin on or after May 13th. Signups will probably close before then so maps can be organized. (May 5th-> May 13th I have 7 exams)

Thats good 2 hear. Maybe I am worrying too much :).

BTW next week would probably be the best time to start (for me at least :P) Christian holiday :D (and IIRC Jewish as well)!

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"