Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Sign-In and Discussion Thread  (Read 146452 times)

Offline Baralhaum

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Patriotic War-Eastern Front Tournament/Event
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »
Question:

There will be some restrictions about Reward Units? All reward units are available or only some?

Hmm, I never quite considered that. Were you thinking of limiting Staghounds? What did you have in mind?

Not sure I should do that, if all players were to agree to it maybe...

Would be fair to limit Staghounds IF you limit the number of Grenadiers vet3 with Schreks.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
I think if we let specific reward units in *cough*Stag*cough* there will be cries of outrage and illegitimacy. I mean as we can see:

Would be fair to limit Staghounds IF you limit the number of Grenadiers vet3 with Schreks.

There is already a start to the "Stag spam is OP" conversation here (no offense is meant).

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »
@Matanza
This event is based upon Supersoca's tournament, but I also doubt he invented it ;). Also, SuperSoca was going to help us on this, but looks like he's very busy with RL.

@Stag
AFAIK the Staghound in EF has not the same issue than the vanilla Stag, you can try it if you like and tell me if the issue is there :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Mr.ious.Q

• Allied Commander
  • Guard
  • Yeah new upgrades
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
Excuse me, could i ask about the playing style of the tourney and the roles of the players in each team ? I mean that in 1 team there would be 1 or more team leaders ? And would the team be divided into groups (or armies) which are assigned for different territories ? And how long would an attack/ defense period last ?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:22:15 PM by Mr.iuos.Q »
Who am i?

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
Question:

There will be some restrictions about Reward Units? All reward units are available or only some?

Hmm, I never quite considered that. Were you thinking of limiting Staghounds? What did you have in mind?

Not sure I should do that, if all players were to agree to it maybe...

IMHO the best way is no reward units...

BUT....(a big BUT  ;D).......

They're part of the game so I can't find enough reasons to exclude them.
Without them we surely exclude all discussions about OPness, Unfairness and other...but...............  :P

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2012, 08:04:36 PM »
@Stag
AFAIK the Staghound in EF has not the same issue than the vanilla Stag, you can try it if you like and tell me if the issue is there :).

I forgot EF fixed them :P. I see no reason why they should be excluded then :D

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
Oh crap, is the nashorn going to be allowed to be used for my 3rd Fallschmirjager divisions, or do I have to use the Flak 88? And also, Staghounds are op in vanilla, don't see them that much in EF.
No one can stop the German panzer divisions.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2012, 10:17:02 PM »
Woah, ok. Lots of questions to answer. Lets get to it folks :)

This is a great event, i like to play a game wich means something to a bigger plan. Congratulations for making it happen and good luck.

I have some questions:

1. Allies need 80% of the territories to win. They start with how many %? Because, for example, if they start with 40%, is a extremelly unfair win condition, they could play far better, achieve 78% and loose.

2. How many people in the organization? This is much work for only one person. And i think would be good have like three to five moderators to judge somethings that rules eventually didnt predict, or cheat suspicious.

1. Allies need at least 80% of territories or Axis need at least 20% of territories (Allies > 80/Axis > 20) to win when a specific time will be called when the tournament will end. I have not yet decided when it will "Officially" end.

It certainly will not be like "Ok allies have 80% of territories they win now." A time limit will likely be placed in the event that there are multiple stalemates and it doesn't seem like one team will completely dominate another.

2. I have multiple people that have agreed to help me from things from 2D Art (THANKS SPIKE :D ) to movies (THANKS MAXI :D) to organization and casting (THANKS SUBLIMES + DENNIS :D). So far, it seems everything looks like it's moving smoothly, so I don't think we'll need many more people on board. Though help is certainly appreciated.

1. More attacks by turn. One attack by each player looks more like WWI. I would suggest each side have at least one bonus action by turn, to match the war of mobility. Perhaps Allies could have more actions because of their historical logistic supremacy.
2. Siege. Sometimes a territory will be completelly surrounded by enemy. This faction should have limited turns to break siege(like three turns), if they couldnt do it, they loose the territory autommatically.
3. Air assault. Each side could have limited opportunities to make air assault, attacking some territory behind enemy lines.

1. I believe 1 attack order by each player is the most fair way to do it. I will be looking more into details but players can choose to use their attack order, team up with another teamate to do a 2v2, or just simply not attack depending on the surroundings. Giving one side more attack orders instead of another obviously gives advantages to the other faction. (In this scenario, the Allies) By Default, the allies will be able to attack more because they will be more spread out, however the Axis currently have more players.
2. I have not yet determined how "Cities" will play a role. I believe that it will be more territory based, though I suppose that if a territory is cut off and surrounded and the opposing team can not break it after several turns I will look into providing a bonus of sorts.
3. Interesting concept, however if that were the case the team using "Air Assault" will obviously attack the key objective, Berlin or Stalingrad. Since CoH is a ground based game, I think this tournament should also stay this way.

@Stag

The Staghound and the Kangaroo are the only two reward units that I could see abusing in the tournament...HOWEVER, as in most tournaments, they are allowed for deployment and play, and since the Staghound issues were fixed I do not think I will limit reward units.

Which answers your question Panzer4life, no, you will not be forced to use the Flak 88. Nor do you have to always go Luftwaffe :D

"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Matanza

« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2012, 12:11:24 AM »
Trolls gonna troll! This is his first post, guys, he registred a few hours ago. Besides this idea was used so often before that he'd barely able to be the one who invented it :P

I suppose so xD SupaSoca's was all in Portuguese as well. I think that REALLY limited the playability for most of the players here since the primary language of the forum is in English.

I play the brazilian version. Why im a troll?

http://cohew.forumeiros.com/ [nofollow]

Just thinking it would be diplomatic giving the credits to Supersoca about this idea.

Sorry my english.

Killar

« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »
Stags aren´t allowed in the upcoming gr tournament either. Also the sherman jumbo shouldn´t be allowed.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »
Trolls gonna troll! This is his first post, guys, he registred a few hours ago. Besides this idea was used so often before that he'd barely able to be the one who invented it :P

I suppose so xD SupaSoca's was all in Portuguese as well. I think that REALLY limited the playability for most of the players here since the primary language of the forum is in English.

I play the brazilian version. Why im a troll?

http://cohew.forumeiros.com/

Just thinking it would be diplomatic giving the credits to Supersoca about this idea.

Sorry my english.

Before that, a COH:O tourney was made, credit doesn't have to be given to a type of tourney that is used.....

Stags aren´t allowed in the upcoming gr tournament either. Also the sherman jumbo shouldn´t be allowed.

EF fixed the fag suppression. Besides, the more limits the more headaches. Honestly if a player wants to use the jumbo he should be able to.
Doesn't matter about GR.

Killar

« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2012, 12:42:02 AM »
Jumbo is super OP.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2012, 01:04:18 AM »
Jumbo is super OP.

Over the Calliope? You think?

Reward units will not be excluded. If you want to use them, go for it. Only balance issue I really see is the Stag Suppression, and it's been fixed, so I think we'll be fine to include them.

All replays will need to be uploaded to the board for review and confirmation. So if there's any abuse that's extremely profound then I (or another judge) will intervene.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
Excuse me, could i ask about the playing style of the tourney and the roles of the players in each team ? I mean that in 1 team there would be 1 or more team leaders ? And would the team be divided into groups (or armies) which are assigned for different territories ? And how long would an attack/ defense period last ?

Forgot to answer this! Sorry Mr. Q :(

Each Attack/Defense period will last 1 week. You can order your attacks and then organize what time to battle your opponent for a whole 7 days.

There will be 1-3 team leaders per team, depending on how large teams get and how well each player is suited for his faction. Leaders should be seen as experienced and knowledgeable of the faction(s) they choose and can be regarded as advisory for the team and helping them make strategic moves for the map.

As for division, it depends entirely on the team's decisions as a whole. I am looking into a sub-forum system to where teams can converse and plan strategies, without having the other team players intervene ;)

Killar

« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2012, 01:43:02 AM »
Jumbo has same HP as Tiger and Pershing armor. I wouldnt call that balanced ... but devs wants to keep it obviously so i dunno