Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Campaign?  (Read 4622 times)

Offline HazeNinja

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Ostheer Campaign?
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:58:10 AM »
Sometime in the future, how about an Ostheer campaign? (One that doesn't have the same battles as the Russian one, of course)Maybe, Up to the battle of Stalingrad or something?[If the Russian campaign doesnt take place before that) Just a thought..i think this would be interesting.

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
Re: Ostheer Campaign?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:16:29 AM »
It is a good idea, and we could do quite a lot with it.

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 02:51:43 PM »
Personally I think it would be quite cool if it did feature some of the same battles.

Would be cool playing it from the other side, kind of Opposing Force style haha  :)

Offline mrwiggles

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 03:39:28 AM »
It would awesome if the Ostheer campaign took you from Poland to Stalingrad, and then halfway through the Stalingrad level, the Soviet campaign starts and you fight all the way back to Berlin.

Do the modding tools even allow you to put cinematics and stuff into single player levels? How in-depth can a fan made single player campaign be?

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 05:56:38 PM »
They can get detailed enough I think.

Check out CoH: Joint Operations if you want to play some great scripted missions, and get an idea of what the Campaign might be like if its completed  :)

Cheers

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:34:28 PM »
I'd like the first Ostheer mission to be right at the start of Barbarossa. You essentially run around killing confused Conscripts and call in airstrikes, it would make a pretty good training mission.

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 07:24:11 PM »
On that subject I was wondering if there would be some kind of short "Red Army Training" mission when the mod comes out.

Or will we be making do with the guide for now?

Cheers

Offline kitekatus

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
On that subject I was wondering if there would be some kind of short "Red Army Training" mission when the mod comes out.

Or will we be making do with the guide for now?

Cheers
that remind me of call of duty 2 where russian officer after 1st mission says to u "there are no better training than fighting to survive!" :D ,talking about ostheer campaign  i think first  missions should be in baltics and  at the start of siege of leningrad,after those we could fight to reach moscow(brest fortress-smolensk-moscow) and then german summer offensive in ukraine and stalingrad.
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people."
Heinz Guderian