Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: .50 cal HMG Reach out and touch someone.  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Facehardened

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
.50 cal HMG Reach out and touch someone.
« on: August 27, 2007, 09:39:26 PM »
Many of us when we think about the idea of the machine gun the image of the browning M2 .50 cal comes to mind. Developed in 1918 as an anti armor weapon, it is the grandfather of all .50 cal machine guns. The .50 cal Machine gun came into its own during the second world war, becomming the principle fighter aircraft armament for many nations. The class of .50cal HMG had many uses since there development, its primary attributes being is bullets hitting power and its impressive range. Its employment is very much like the .30 cal HMG, but can be set further back over lapping the .30 cal field of fire, and protecting its lighter cousin. It should be noted that the .50 cal HMG never lost its ability to be devestating against light armored vehicles, and that many of WWII's early anti-tank Rifles where .50 cal, such as the Soviet PTRS-41, which went on to serve in the Korean war as well. The .50 fits a great nitch between the .30 cal and the anti tank gun, it is an effective killer if infantry, and no scout car or halftrack could ignore the fifties armor penetration ability.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:15:21 AM by Facehardened »

Offline Lone Commissar

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: .50 cal HMG Reach out and touch someone.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »
Are you trying to sell us a 50. cal just you haven't said the price.

Offline Facehardened

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 02:17:12 AM »
As I have stated in the topic about the .30 cal machine guns, I thought some might find a short explaination about various weapons systems useful.

Offline ice_killer

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 03:03:10 PM »
As I have stated in the topic about the .30 cal machine guns, I thought some might find a short explaination about various weapons systems useful.

why not make a topic whit all of this stuff in 1 topic ?

Offline Soviet_Marine

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 08:43:12 AM »
Many of us when we think about the idea of the machine gun the image of the browning M2 .50 cal comes to mind. Developed in 1918 as an anti armor weapon, it is the grandfather of all .50 cal machine guns. The .50 cal Machine gun came into its own during the second world war, becomming the principle fighter aircraft armament for many nations. The class of .50cal HMG had many uses since there development, its primary attributes being is bullets hitting power and its impressive range. Its employment is very much like the .30 cal HMG, but can be set further back over lapping the .30 cal field of fire, and protecting its lighter cousin. It should be noted that the .50 cal HMG never lost its ability to be devestating against light armored vehicles, and that many of WWII's early anti-tank Rifles where .50 cal, such as the Soviet PTRS-41, which went on to serve in the Korean war as well. The .50 fits a great nitch between the .30 cal and the anti tank gun, it is an effective killer if infantry, and no scout car or halftrack could ignore the fifties armor penetration ability.
PTRS-41 has 14.5 mm caliber.
DSHK HMG have .50 caliber(12.7mm)
"I'm in ur baze, killin' ur doodz" :-D

Sorry guys. My english sucks :-(

Offline Crowsabove

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »
What no mention of how the belt feed works both right to left and left to right? no mention of the barrel itself is heavier than most other weapons youll deal with? haha its a amazing simple weapon hope to god its never shooting at me.