Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Tutorial for using soviet units agains Axis units  (Read 3467 times)

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
Tutorial for using soviet units agains Axis units
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
Is there a guide/tutorial  how to use soviet units - infantry and tanks against various types of enemies.

For example :

Conscripts suck at long range against volks and grens. To have a chance go in close combat and use molotov.

If there is topic like this ... pls post the link before closing this on :P
If there isnt , I hope that experienced players , balancers and devs will post some tips for different soviet units and how to use them against enemy units.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial for using soviet units agains Axis units
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:52:42 PM »
I think we, the balancers, were going to release constant tips on stuff, but the easiest way to actually learn this stuff is to experience it. Try watching the Sublime Shoutcast, done by SublimeYau and GodLikeDennis. They have tons of EF tips.

I was going to do a weekly shoutcast, but everything went in the wrong direction and I don't have the equipment for it anymore  :'( :'(
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »
I think we, the balancers, were going to release constant tips on stuff

No offense but Dreamerbg, I dont think you should get your hopes up for a tips guide. IIRC GLD was going to do something like this but it never took off. Im not blaming GLD for any wrong doing as Im sure he was busy but just dont wait around for it. IMO its best just to experiment. Or ask each question you have, like I do :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline silverwing

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 03:50:22 AM »
You can view many data about weapon and units by using the modstudio.I found some useful imformation from it.Such as t34's 85 gun upgrated improve both penetration(especially to medium tank such as stug and hetzer)and damage(87.5 to 115)at the same time.However it will become a little less effective to deal with infantry for its accuracy to infantry is decreased.