Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Round 14  (Read 12970 times)

Offline Cranialwizard

• Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Round 14
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:48:21 PM »
Here's the deal folks:

From now on, each Monday, players/teams may just begin to issue attack orders without the opening of this thread.

I start my new year of school today so I may not have time to update the board at the break of dawn up until around 3 PM my time which is late for the rest of the world.

Allies attack now
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Round 14
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 02:34:25 AM »
Please excuse any major delays on locking threads. This work load is likely to keep me up at all hours of the night.

Questioning why I selected such crappy classes  >:(

Offline Riggsman

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »
I'll not be available for almost 3 weeks, going to lay on the beach and drink martini ;)
So good luck boys! :D

Offline Drokslit

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »
try getting all of your attacks posted by the end of today. I want to know exactly how many times and where we are getting attacked to give out defense orders. It's important since we will probably only be capable to react to 2/3 or less of the attacks at the state we're in so we need to pick our battles. Ill get working after class. should be out in like 7 hours
I think your the Commander the axis team needs, but not the one it deserves. So we'll welcome you. Because you can lead. Because your not a just Commander.
A Silent Guardian. A Watchful Protector.
The Drokslit Knight.
-MichaelCycle

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
Well Simuz, Keule, Wood and E-gon won't be able to respond to any of our attacks. So you should plan accordingly for that.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Drokslit

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »
ok this is a disaster then. That is for the most part the whole of the eastern front. We wont beable to respond to jack. I dont even know why I am keeping at this anymore if that's going on
I think your the Commander the axis team needs, but not the one it deserves. So we'll welcome you. Because you can lead. Because your not a just Commander.
The Drokslit Knight.
-MichaelCycle

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »
Well due to the way the defenses work they are too far into OUR territory to defend your own. Next time the tourney is played, I think we need a rule to say that you can't continue attacking if you are cut off from your capitals (an unbroken line between any capital and your position) except to relieve this situation, like check in chess. This wouldn't help Simuz and Keule but would help E-gon and Wood in our case because we would be forced to turn around to make a supply line again.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:24:51 PM by GodlikeDennis »
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
i already talked with crani about some of the new rules for the 2nd community event
i think like in the current situation where players are in a pocket they can attack but only in the direction of the motherland/vatherland to simulate an breakthrough

btw what is the rule when glimz and me would win on berlin border? next round will be played on berlin itself right?

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
LOL I love how u r talking about a 2nd tourney cause u know we are dying soon XD.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »
If agreeable to the allies, I may instate a rule saying you need a clear line of supply to attack forward.

This would nullify the Berlin attack if agreed to both sides

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 09:16:30 PM »
You are the admin. Its your tourney. Don't keep asking ppl. I'll put it like this. If you want this tournament to last any longer, instate the rule. If not, GG. We literally cannot fight under these conditions. The longer you wait, the less time we have to plan if u do choose to enforce the new rule. Most of the Axis team is ready to call it quits anywho. We're just playing games for fun now. We have 12 ppl left. Not a lot.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:18:26 PM by Sir Sharks Alot »

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »
You are the admin. Its your tourney. Don't keep asking ppl. I'll put it like this. If you want this tournament to last any longer, instate the rule. If not, GG. We literally cannot fight under these conditions. The longer you wait, the less time we have to plan if u do choose to enforce the new rule. Most of the Axis team is ready to call it quits anywho. We're just playing games for fun now. We have 12 ppl left. Not a lot.

School is starting for a lot of people...maybe I shouldn't.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
Its ur call. Whatever u think is best just do it. THe longer u wait the worse it gets. Either you end the tournament now or you don't. Its as simple as that

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Drokslit

• Axis Commander
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
its exactly like shark says, you're the admin grow a pair and become decisive. The main problem with some of the things that plagued this tourney were the times you had to ask everyone whats up and what they thought. It's great to ask everyone's opinion and I support it at times but for some other things we need quick decisions without all the whining and the bitching which just adds confusion to everyone new and the ones who were already here.

Just pick something,
A. Make the tourney end, everyone in the axis team is pretty fed up so we'll agree, or
B. Include a rule that breaks this cheesiness in the rules which will not only prolong the tourney but also be somewhat of an unfair addition all of a sudden considering the circumstances.

You need a clearer set of rules and not amend them so suddenly during the thing itself, especially at a time like this where it's GG or "sorry people, we need to go for longer".

I'll just let you know we don't have anymore in us in the Axis team. We don't have the players to continue this anyways. The only way this can become fair again is if we get some of the allied team but lets just save it for next time if there ever is a next time.
The Drokslit Knight.
-MichaelCycle

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 10:28:31 PM »
If you are doing something unique for the 1st time you cant do it perfect, you will be actually very far from perfect.
I think that you all will agree with me.

But this tournament wasn't bad. In fact it was really interesting and I will support a 2nd one.
Also I will offer my help to get it running.

And if we are going to close this tournament... I just want to say thank you Cranial and MaxiKing about giving your free time to this really nice idea for unique tournament and made it so exciting for me :)

And a special thanks to Dennis who inspire me to play again this mod and helps me alot with trainings.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:33:35 PM by Dreamerbg »