Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: White Tiger  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Trooper425

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: White Tiger
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
Not a bad film overall. 2 things nag at me, though. First is the White Tiger. It looks like a beefed-up version of Porsche's Tiger design. Second, and the much more serious one: all the Soviet troops are carrying MP40s!!!!!! WTH GUISE!?!
The wise general learns from the deaths of others.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »
Russian scouts favoured the MP40, while german scouts favoured PPSH 41s....true historical irony  ;)
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »
Hate to sound ignorant and symbolism daft but what was the point of this movie?

What the hell did the movie try to show?

Basically this. What was the message? I couldn't tell. I thought they were going somewhere with this whole "tank god" thing and the commissar would follow the tankman in hunting this tiger but it just ended.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Trooper425

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »
So Ruski scouts like the MP40. Fine. Did the officers and tankers prefer it too? To the point that they used it exclusively?
The wise general learns from the deaths of others.

Killar

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 11:36:56 PM »
Actually they could have just made a KT replica and used this as mythical tank, since the King Tiger has already enough myth for a movie. Instead they created this ugly thing.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 01:24:09 PM »
So Ruski scouts like the MP40. Fine. Did the officers and tankers prefer it too? To the point that they used it exclusively?

I can see why tankers would prefer it over the ppsh41 because of the foldable stock...until the pps43...you can also say its a Trophy weapon and makes the characters looks tougher and distinct.

I think the film just wanted to show 'tank action'...the horror of tank combat/ tank crews, something rarely depicted in war films which focus on infantry and/or pilots.  The message in the end was probably that...although they defeated the Nazi Monster Tiger (representing the Nazi ideal) in the end, but they didn't wipe it out and it can come back in 10 50 100 yrs (as ideals are almost impossible to kill). So, one must be vigilant and be ready to fight the ''monster''... you could say the russian tanker represents the russian spirit/army that was battered and re-forged in flames of war better and stronger....it could also not be killed and emerged victorious....all a bit dramatized really :P
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
Then its drama sucks (really)! In the end of "Ballad of a soldier", the character ran into city ruin then the narrator blah blah about Soviet's people/soldiers spirit. But in white tiger, nobody said a bloody word, leaving a impression that tank driver had gone nut 100% instead. The solo of Hitler's clone even make the movie more confusing with Borat's doppelganger listening :P.
My biggest question: where did that Tiger go, what technology it was using, etc... But the movie didn't answer that, making another disappointment.
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 03:08:48 AM »
Shells that blow up into balls of fire...

That wouldn't work anyway...
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme