Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [Finished] Westerbork (8)  (Read 1849 times)

Offline cptsook

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
[Finished] Westerbork (8)
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »
Edit

Hello

i figured out how to make a loading screen and minimap + map locations all into 1 .sga file. so you can ignore my former post.
I am new to this forum and the rules you apply before you will add a map to your collection. i havent really payed attention to that until i found this forum. but i looked close to my map and i think im pretty close to what you expect from a map. I would like to hear from you if you like it or what is wrong with it.

Personaly i think this map is to heavy for slower computers and my next map will be more like your guidelines.;)
if its not to much trouble i think i could edit the map but i have to think about that. i prefer to set my eyes on a new project. i have seen several maps and i got alot of inspiration.

newbielink:http://bayfiles.com/file/njdh/IhNwat/Westerbork.sga [nonactive]

Greeting cptsook
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:54:25 PM by cptsook »

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: [Finished] Westerbork (8)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »
At the moment your maps lacks a lot... from the minimap I can already see that 70% of the map are covered by pineforest and you only used two sort of tiles, sorry man it's not enough for an EF map (Our Head Mapper will agree with me here). Keep on practicing and never release your first map.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline cptsook

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »
i made this map long before i knew about your rules so i didnt really expect anything. but i just wondered what people think about it. this map is based on reality thats why it looks the way it is without thinking about cover and strategic points.

my next map will be more according to your guidelines.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:29:02 PM by cptsook »

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »
[...] this map is based on reality [...]

If this looks like reality to you then you live in a different world. :-X

Another thing I want to mention is the map size... Remeber: The large the map, the less details you should use per chunk or it will cause performance issues.

I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline cptsook

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »
i mean the amount of pine forest and why it is so empty. because there was nothing in the woods xd

but thx for advice. ill lok into it