Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 3074 times)

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
War Thunder
« on: October 18, 2012, 05:04:26 AM »
Anybody else get into the War Thunder Global Beta? I just managed to swipe a key from Gamersbook

And redeem at the War Thunder website

Basically, the game matches the same formula as World of Tanks/World of Warplanes/World of Warships but is by a different developer and is hopefully (in the end) going to be infinitely more detailed. Here's some info swiped from Facepunch -

*War Thunder is being developed and published by Gaijin Entertainment.
*The game is currently in closed beta, so a key is required to play.
*Only the air aspect of the game is available at the moment, but ships will be added "soon" and tanks are rumored to be added after release, AI controlled infantry will also be added.
*The game is optimized as fuck, so you'll be able to run it unless you use a toaster.
*Cannons are overpowered.
*Its going to feature Tanks only, Planes only and ships only gamemodes, aswell as everything in one gamemode.
*Will support 120+ players in one match.

So yeah... it's gonna be good ;D

Short vid \/ \/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCux_JBAsss

^ Video doesn't do it's beauty justice imo, so here's another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hItyYdQxABQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:09:53 PM by Burro »

Offline EasyCalic

• Allied Commander
  • Strelky
  • Profesional slacker
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder (aka, World of Planes)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:10:55 AM »
High kamikaze pilot in 2:25 :P
The best dog fight game I played is Snoopy vs the red baron. No shit! That game has awesome flying actions!
If world of planes or this war thunder can make planes fly like those in the game above, I will gladly join it.
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »
Will there be prototypes? :> Time to pickup the old joystick then! I havent used it since like... fury 3 in 1995 ? Dog fights are awesome!

I got a couple of questions thou..

Bomberplanes, how will they work with all their machineguns? ( For a example a B29 super fortress that got like 11 machineguns onboard) Will the NPC control them or other playeers?

I really like the idea of combining all the games in one and let tanks planes and ships in the same battle. However, I would love a world of soldier/infantry instead of NPC infantry. Especially if they stick to this harry potter prototype madness style. Many smallarms prototypes are the coolest of the coolest!

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
You control the guns on your bomber, you press F6 to switch to them. I guess whatever way you're aiming controls what gun is firing... if you're controlling multiple guns, they all fire at the same time.

I've played a bit and I have to say, I'm enjoying it, even if I do prefer Tanks over Planes. However, when I'm trying to take down a bomber in my shitty Russian beginner Bi-Plane, don't swerve infront of me in your beat-up BF-109 trying to steal my kill because you're inevitably going to cross my line of fire and get your ass shot down. Not only is it detrimental to the team, but it also loses me a shitload of in-game currency, neither of which I applaud.

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:37 PM »
Alright thanks!

Is it possible to play like.. German planes versus russians or is it like world of tanks that its just a big mixup of each other tanks?

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
Yeah in historical battles (i think), but most people just play in arcade mode which exactly like WoT. I haven't done a historical battle yet because the avg wait for a game is usually around the 10min mark.

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »
Just thought I'd share this shit.

Seriously can't wait for Tanks in this game, the model detail is incredible, blows the shit out of WoT.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:14:24 PM by Burro »

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 09:22:06 PM »
Interesting. I was playing this game last few months but with windows reinstalation I deleted it... but now when I see those tank pictures maybe I will start playing it again :P

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
That some pretty neat graphic. I start playing when the tank battles get a little more realistic. Now in WOT its like a... Quake III with tanks?
 ( Quake III is one of the best games ever but doesnt fit into tank warfare! XD)