Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [Hiatus] Kharkov (2)  (Read 2039 times)

Offline MonolithicBacon

• Mapper
  • Commissar
  • When in doubt, crush.
    • View Profile
[Hiatus] Kharkov (2)
« on: November 07, 2012, 09:00:24 PM »
So, thanks to an exceptionally pointless and boring seminar, I have devised plans for two maps, the first of which is here!

Although I apologise for the quality (it was written on a notepad, after all), I'm sure you can at least understand the basics!
Boxes are buildings, thin rectangles are ruins, cross-hatching are barricades (both passable and impassible), stars are victory points and the letters are resources.

So, anybody have any thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:16:37 PM by MonolithicBacon »

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: [Plan] Kharkov (2)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:10:37 PM »
Impressive planning. It's nice that you make a formation of how your map will look before you do so.

Consult with Maxi, as always, however I think this looks pretty good :)

You might want to spread the VPs out a little more towards the edges of the map instead of all being central.

"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline MonolithicBacon

• Mapper
  • Commissar
  • When in doubt, crush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:16:42 PM »
I was considering placing the two external VP's where the manpower points are on the junctions, so that they are completely obscured from the middle one, but that's probably something to look at when the map is laid out in real size. For all I know, the buildings could be completely different in scale!

I'll post more pictures once I make the real layout.

Offline MonolithicBacon

• Mapper
  • Commissar
  • When in doubt, crush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 03:16:19 PM »
So after a wee bit more planning, I have decided to place this map on indefinite hiatus. My original plan was to create both this and the Freedom square map, before pasting them both into the Kharkov campaign map, therefore significanty lowering the amount of work I would have to add to the latter! However, considering the detail I put into the 1vs1 maps, having two of these in one map would start eating up memory before the rest of the city is even finished!

So, with that in mind, I have put my full attention into starting the campaign map. If however anybody can come up with any better ideas than the plan at the beginning of this thread that catches my eyes, I may re-think my priorities!