Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: More real front recordings like this ??  (Read 2778 times)

Offline saprize21

• Guard
    • View Profile
More real front recordings like this ??
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:00:14 PM »
Hello, i played a map in Red Orchestra 2 and i heard this recording in the video and i searched it up on google and found this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRW_dR0h3Cs

Any more videos with real recordings from the war? Even if i dont understand jack shit what they are saying its still cool to hear the real voices from the war :)

Anyone that want to translate btw what they are saying?

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
Re: More real front recordings like this ??
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:50:03 PM »
This is the first "real front/war broadcast" of the war.
I wont translate the hole broadcast but all in all this is a special Christmas broadcast to connect the "home front" with the real front.
At the beginning the moderator called all stations that were involved during this live broadcast (e.g. they are calling a garrison in south france or
a submarine harbour or a transmission station in Africa or the radio transmission station in Stalingrad - remember this broadcast was made on 24th Dec 1942! - or a garrison in Norway and so on).
When all stations had answered they started to sing "Silent Night" to celebrate Christmas with their families.
As far as i know this were more of this Christmas live broadcasts but the Christmas broadcast 1942 is the only one that survived the war.

An other real record is the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8raDPASvq0
This tape was record in secret. U can hear a meeting of Hitler and the finnish Marshall Mannerheim. 

Real record are quiet rare and very important for the historians.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:53:18 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »
Oh i remember seeing one the other day which had a Zrínyi II in it, and it was even in color

im going to try and find it again

Offline saprize21

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
This is the first "real front/war broadcast" of the war.
I wont translate the hole broadcast but all in all this is a special Christmas broadcast to connect the "home front" with the real front.
At the beginning the moderator called all stations that were involved during this live broadcast (e.g. they are calling a garrison in south france or
a submarine harbour or a transmission station in Africa or the radio transmission station in Stalingrad - remember this broadcast was made on 24th Dec 1942! - or a garrison in Norway and so on).
When all stations had answered they started to sing "Silent Night" to celebrate Christmas with their families.
As far as i know this were more of this Christmas live broadcasts but the Christmas broadcast 1942 is the only one that survived the war.

An other real record is the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8raDPASvq0
This tape was record in secret. U can hear a meeting of Hitler and the finnish Marshall Mannerheim. 

Real record are quiet rare and very important for the historians.

Cool i have never heard about that before :)