Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: language  (Read 13159 times)

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
    • Company of Heroes: Eastern Front (mod)
Re: language
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »
Maybe is not "картечью" but "фугасный".
I believe in one thing only, the power of the human will. © Joseph Stalin

Offline Artillerist

• Guard
  • Smert' vragu, pizdets raschoty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
Фугасный (High Explosive) is used to shoot to infantry, on dist. more than 200 metres (where Case-shot/Grapeshot is much miore effective), with two sets of detonator:
взрыватель осколочный (detonator-Splitter/anti-personnel)- if enemy infantry is not covered, shell will explode directly in moment of contact and kill infantry with splitters.
взрыватель фугасный (detonator-High Explosive) - if enemy is covered or hided in trenches. This makes explosion delay to 0,25-0,5 sec, during wich shell went buries in ground on 0,5-1m depth, and this makes ground shake and all fortifications brokes, burying infantry in it.

So, if I see enemy infantry at 200metres, I will command "Distance 2, Grapeshot, at will, FIRE!
If I see enemy infantry at more than 200 metres (for example 500), running to my positions, I will command "Distance 5, HE shell, detonatoe Splitter, 1 shell load! Gun - FIRE!"
-------------------
94th Guards Infantry Division, 100th Separated Anti-Tank Artillery Divizion.

Offline Fivestargeneral

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 03:28:35 AM »
As I'm non-Russian, I have no problems with the meaning of the dialogues spoken since I don't understand what they're saying (although I didn't know the dialogues were Russian translations of the original COH English dialogues).

I can make out some English mentions in the dialogues, such as "Sniper!". I'm not sure if I heard the conscripts mumbled some English as well, like "Stagger file" or something? The Russian commentator does not give sufficient warning though.

But I guess if the dialogues had to be re-written, these would require voice acting and such, which is more work.

Offline Saavedra

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »
Frankly, I don´t see why you are discussing translation. You don´t need to translate anything. You just need to come up with proper dialogue for the situations the troops will be in (supposing, of course, that these lines are somehow organized so you can tell what situation they are going to be used in, like "When under fire: THEY´RE SHOOTING AT US!").

If that´s not organized, then yes, you will need to translate. But ONLY far enough to know what they are talking about. Like if you order someone to fire at a sniper and the unit specifically says they are "attacking a sniper".

Then, the dubbers for the language the mod will be dubbed into will come up with their own lines, respecting what needs to be said, so that no matter what language you are talking in, and no matter what structure or words you choose to use, EVERYONE will be "attacking a sniper".

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »
What the F**K of discution is in this place?

I don't understand russian,but i have absolutelly no problems playing the game.

Russians must speak JUST their language.

All warnings in game are shown in the left corner with red circle like a target,if a unit is under attack or sniped.The message is written in english and say clear"UNIT SNIPED".Click on that message and camera will jump at that unit in a second.

WHERE IS THE F**ING PROBLEM!!???
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:00:56 PM by PSIHOPAT »

Offline Captain Raynor

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 01:54:46 PM »
 ;D looks like they have their own discussion,not focusing
in the English Language speech in the Next Patch.

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »
Is sad to see 80% this forum full of stupid discussions,where another far more important are ignored.

I ask myself why moderators/developers leave this chaos here,and is no initiative for effective organization.

Offline ComodoreBonte

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 03:37:53 PM »
If you wish to communicate in German, you must provide an English translation. I suggest you read the forum rules to prevent further post deletions.

-WartyX
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:58:53 PM by WartyX »

Offline Saavedra

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, 07:54:55 PM »
Russians must speak JUST their language.

How about no? How about you remember that Company of Heroes is sold in different languages, for different countries, and that there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO LIMIT LANGUAGES FOR "REALISM" PURPOSES IN THIS GAME?

If you want a realistic WWII game go play Men of War.

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »
Every country speak their language.
All text is in english.
Simple and effective.

I don't care what this F**G soldier say...if cry or is happy.He will follow the order without question.

If he cry for help,i will know soon from the message(written in english) .If i don't understand exactly what this S**TY soldier don't appreciate or don't like,i really don't care,but there will be no confusion....all the time i will know what is happen.I have ears to listen and understand desperate calling,even if is spoken in unknown language.Also i have eyes to spot the message with red color.

If some soldiers will win or loose,or will be surprised by attacks,or sniped,i will be amused from their happy or desperate speaking.

This game is easy to be played even if all textwill be in russian.All people who know to play strategy games,will have no problem with this game,even if don't understand two words.Watching carefully,also will understand what every upgrade make.Is nothing hard.

Every language is different and interesting to be listened.Only one language is boring,especially in games with many factions.Already germans speaking english is very annoying.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:12:53 PM by PSIHOPAT »